Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chronic Diarrhea

I have had diarrhea constantly for past 48 - 60 hours and are unable to afford doctors visit. I feel hot, tired, sore head, sore stomach ( central upper quadrant). Do you think this is serious or warrants medical treatment now, 1800hrs Sunday night. Or can it wait till Monday morning. I also don't feel like drinking and definately not eating so am concerned about dehydration. your thoughts please
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi i;m just getting on this webb site and i read somethings you said...well let me tell u i have (ibs)...with it comes crhonic diarrhea..it can last anywhere from 1 day up to two weeks over the counter meds don't work i can't find anything that really works..if you no something i don't no could you please let me in on it...thank you (sick of it) my email is ***@****
Helpful - 0
Go to the Emergency Room, NOW, and find out why you are having this abnormally long run of diarrhea.

Yes, you are running a serious risk of dehydration! Don't take a chance of going into shock because of this!!!

After the Emergency Room hopefully diagnoses you, you will have choices of treatments. There are so many possible causes of diarrhea, that you really need some professional medical help to sort it all out.

Find out the causes of your condition, and then look into natural treatments for it, in books at health food stores.

Let the folks here know what it turns out to be, and you'll get lots of advice from those who have a similar condition!

Good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon!

Sincerely,
Concerned lady
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem