Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is this normal?

Is it normal for, during the course of the day for your blook preassure and pulse to be all over the place?

Reason I ask, is that my blood preassure can be 135/90, with a pulse of 73 some times and also 124/80 with pulse of 60 all with in the same couple of hours, and I am not doing anything different to cause it.  No exercising between readings, etc..  It just bounces like this.  I can tell when it's happening too, because I feel different.  Also, if you put your finger on your neck to, say check your pulse.. it's feels really strong.  Not necessarily really fast, just really strong.

Whenever I go to my doctor, it's always never above 126/86, so they act like I am making this up.  

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
EJ
The blood pressure readings that you have given here are within perfectly good range. Some times blood pressure can change just walking across a room or even becoming nervous with anticipation.
Seems you have nothing to worry about with these readings.

Helpful - 0
EJ
I forgot to mention that your pulse levels are great and really couldn't be better.
Helpful - 0
goodadvise.  THANKS for your note.  I found this site a few months ago and all of the things people have posted here have really helped me over the past few months.  I am someone that has never hardly been ill.  I don't get colds, or anything like that.  I had my appendix remomved (ruptured) in 1988, but other then that, never had any problems.  Till this acid reflux/hiatial hernia started.  With this, I really don't know how things are susposed to respond.  I just know I hardly ever feel really right, and it just seems like it's taking a really long time to get it diagnosed.

Thanks for your posting.  Bill
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem