Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

GERD surgery gone bad, need help.

I cant explain this in full detail, there is not enough room with the limit.

I had the gerd surgery, due to an algery to the anistesia and failier to give me medicine to prevent me from getting sick, I retched for 24 hours, eventually causing my stomach to break loose and part of it came into my throat, the other part going into my chest cavity.  They done emergency surgery to repair this and re-do the wrap.  Now each time I eat, I have severe pain.  The surgeon thought that it was due to the wrap being too tight and he done a dialation to make it larger, this did not help.  I also am seeing partially undigested food in my stools.  

My question is what are the possible causes of this? the location of the pain is from .5" +/- below the breast bone to 3-4" below the breast bone, in the area where the surgen says the wrap is. Other than the wrap being too tight, what else could be doing this or causing this?  When the pain gets bad, I have difficulity breathing The pain usually lasts from 1.5-2 hours after eating. It has now been over a mont since the original surgery.

If you would like to e-mail me, please feel free, or if you need further information, please dont hesitate to ask, I am getting to the point of being scared now, my weight is droping, and I am already a skinny person.
                        Thank you for your time...D.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm really sorry to hear of that horrible experience after your fundoplication.  I fully understand the wretching you must have done, so did I, but a hospital nurse got medication for me immediately, even sending across town for it.  I'm unable to vomit now after 3-1/2 years, but it has only been a problem on 2 occasions.  You should not be having such difficulty now, something must be done for you.  I wish you the best of luck.
Helpful - 0
OMG! WAS HE A REAL SURGEON??? I HAVE GERD TOO BUT DO I NEED SURGERY TOO.MAYBE IT IS TOO TIGHT.OR MAYBESOMETHING MORE.THEY SHOULD DO SOME TESTS TO HELP YOU.
Helpful - 0
Holy smokes! Why in heaven's name didn't your surgeon prescribe an anti-nausea medication after surgery? My surgeon did for me, and I never got ill despite my difficulties with pain medication in the past. I had a Nissen Fundo two months ago and am very happy with the results. Unfortunately, I felt sick to my stomach last night and got the dry heaves. This worried me greatly as I'm afraid I no longer have the ability to vomit if sick. I wish I had an easy answer. The first thing I do is get another doctor! Good luck! Q
Helpful - 0
i have never had the surgery, but i do have the pain in the same area. I too feel breathing difficulty when The pain is bad. Anybody have ideas we would both welcome them.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem