Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Krohns disease

I just got diagnosed with Krohns disease last month and I was perscribed Pentasa, and I just want to know what exactly is krohns disease? I cannot find it anywhere on the Net.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, So much was started.
Helpful - 0
I was told I have chrones disease about a year ago when After experiencing severe adominal cramping and an incredible pain eminating from my southern area, I went to my third doctor who informed me that i probably have crones and I definately have a Fistule (A break in the linning of the rectum) which had become infected. I had srugery 3 days later where this doctor removed the fistule by cutting it open so that it could heal, including my spinkter. In December I had a nother fistule and had it removed, Has anyone else out there had these damn fistules, or is there anything you can take to help keep them from reoccuring? I really don't think I can go through another surgery like those two. Please help
Helpful - 0
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this so please bear with me.  My husband has Chrones Disease, well we think he does.  Over a year ago this all began, took him to over five different Doctors (including Gastronologists) they gave him all kind of test and everything came back normal.  He had a good job, good insurance, but eventually it all ran out with all the circles the Doctors were sending us in.  Well he ran out of insurance, I was a stay at home mom until this happened now I have to work at a job that barely pays over minimum wage. As soon as his Doctor found out he wouldn't even give us the time of day.  This has been over four months now. No medication, no seeing Doctors.  He was even turned down for medicaid.  They said he could work.  He can't he is so much pain that any day now I look to have to run him to the hospital.  But I've had him there before also and they wouldn't help him at all.  What can you do if you can't get any help for doctoring or medications.  I'm at my wits end trying.  I don't want anything to happen to him but I don't know what to do.  He started out taking Pantasa but it didn't help.  They had him on steroids that did help but they only kept him on it for two weeks.  Someone help. Please.
Helpful - 0
I am recently diagnosed with Chrone's disease. After a hysterectomy, and removal of all ovaries the Dr.s thought I was just faking my pain untill I hemorraged last week and was rushed to the hospital. Now I know im not just lasy and imagining my pain. My husband who has been a rock through all of this, now seems angry at me. He is not so understanding now. Anyone else know why he would after all of this time and 20yrs of support be angry now when I need him most?
Helpful - 0
Loolybell, if you check under "Crohn's" disease you will find there is a great deal of onfo on the net. I was examined a few years ago and found to have severe inflamation in the duodenum and where the small bowel meets the large bowel, Crohn's was ruled out (but no other explanation given). I too was given Pentasa which is generally given for ulcerative conditions.
Best of luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem