Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What is wrong with me?

For a awhile now I have been having bloody stool.  But the other day when I had a bowel movement, I started bleeding pretty bad.  When I was finished using the bathroom, the bleeding stopped.  It even hurts sometimes and is hard to use the bathroom because of the pain.  I'm just 21 and have no idea what could be wrong.  I don't have anything like what I think a hemorhoid is on my bottom, but I'm not sure what a hemorhoid is I don't guess. But I don't have anything coming out of my bottom.  Please help me!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there...I've actually been having the same problem myself. The only thing that's keeping me from going to the docor is my lack of insurance (I just graduated college, new job with no insurance until after 3 months). Is it possible that there is some sort of tear? If you do go to the doctor let me know what he/she says...I'd be curious since I plan on going myself.
Helpful - 0
50334 tn?1203180789
PLEASE GO SEE A DR.     asap!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
You definitely need to go see your doctor.  Do you have any problems with spicy food?  Do you have diarrhea at any time?  You need to see a dr. asap to rule out anything that could be happening.
Helpful - 0
If it's fresh blood then the it's highly likely you may have a problem with your rectum.  Sometimes if your stool is very stiff/hard this type of problem could occur...but I would go see your doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem