Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

lower left abdominal pain

My boyfriend has been having serious pain in his lower left abdomen.  Just above his hip bone. It generally occurs after eating worse than at any other time but he says it does seem to be there at all times.  He has had ulcers in the past but he sayd it doesn't feel like that.  His eating habits are normal, he doesn't drink much but used to as a teenager. He's 26 and in fairly good health.  Goes to the gym 3 times a week.  The pain has only been noticeable to me for the last month or so but he does try to hide things (just like any man)if he's in pain.  Any suggestions on what this could be?  I know he needs to see a doctor but getting him there is practically impossible.  Maybe armed with some more info I can convince him to go.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
31 male here, same pain left lower beside hip bone.
No tests done yet.
Email ***@**** for keeping in touch.
Many posts seem to be related.
Thanks.
Andre
Helpful - 0
If he is a gym person.  He probably does abs, and tummy tucks and all those other things you do in a gym and he could have twisted a muscle.  I have pains in my upper midriff which started in the gym class after starting abs.  That may be a possibility.  Reading all these comments have helped me with mine.
Helpful - 0
Hi littlebird,  The symptoms you described sound a lot like mine.  I was diagnosed with a "tortuous colon" which can cause a lot of pain and discomfort.  Perhaps some testing might be in order for your boyfriend.  Good luck

Helpful - 0
Thank you both for your input.  It sounds like I had better get him to a doctor ASAP.  Maybe armed with your comments i can convince him to go.  He hasn't been complaining the last couple of days but I know it still bothers him.  Thank you again.
Helpful - 0
Are you sure you're not describing my son?  Except for his age (29) he is in an identical situation.  Same pain, same location.  He hasn't had ulcers before, though.  So far this is what they have done, a colonoscopy, Upper GI, lower GI and stool tests.  We are still awaiting results of his CT-scan.  The doctors have thus far found nothing, but are leaning toward IBS.  I don't know if this is of any help, just wanted to let you know that someone else is going through the same thing and what the doctors are thinking it might be.  Ulcerated colitis was ruled out, yet divirticulitis is still under some consideration, too.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem