Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

weird symptoms

Hey guys this is Chaddy.  I have been having odd symtoms lately.  Here it is in a nut shell.  About a month ago I started having pain in my right side(abdominal area).  It was a tight gripping feeling and also at the same time I started having diarhea.  I got way sick for a week or two.  Then the dr. gave me some cipro 500 mg and flagyl to take and now today is the last day that I will take a full dose of cipro.  I finished the other about 5 days ago.  I have went from diarhea to an extremely soft stool that is accompanied with yellow mucous-like material.  I have intermitantly been running a low grade fever and finally it has abated in the last couple of days.  I am exhausted all of the time, (that couild be some of epilepsy though, but I don't think so.)  I still have that gripping feeling in my right side in the abdominal region and it goes from a grippping tight feeling to sometimes a sharp pain.  I don't know what to think or do.  I do have an appt. with my family dr. on Monday to see what to do from here.  I'm really tired of going to the dr.  I went for 4 to 5 years before they finally decided that I have epilepsy and got me on meds that work.  I have heard so many times that it's stress that I would rather puke than go to a dr.  but for this I feel that I must.  Do any of you have advice or any idea what might be going on?  I know that we aren't dr's. mostly, but first hand experience is a wonderful teaching tool and a great help.  Thank you for reading this and any info or advice is appreciated!

Thank you!
Chaddy
PS.  this was a big nutshell..ha
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is kind of unrelated but I am an Epileptic too.  Be careful taking Cipro because it can cause seizures giving you added grief.  I hope you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
Hello!  Yes, after I eat I do seem to have a gut wreching bout of diarhea.  But the dr. tmw will do an ultra sound on my GB, and then at 2:00 I will have another GB test.  But if these turn up with nothing then the only place that I can look forward to is the operating table.  That's really where I will probably be anyway.  The pain has become awful.  Last night I went to the ER and they gave me a shot of Demerol...and buddy was that ever awesome!  Today has clicked by pretty well because I am taking a pill with Demerol and Phenegrin in it.  Never knew what a little pill cocktail like that could do for a person until I took it!  It has made the pain bearable.  Praise the Lord 8-)
Looking forward to tmw and the day after, although this puts a dent in the paycheck, I still have to take care of myself first and then the other things second, God is taking care of me though and I am assured that things will be better 8-)
I will post more after I find out what's going on.  Please let me know how yours turns out...
Until the next post,
Ciao 8-)
Chaddy
Helpful - 0
hi chaddy, sorry to hear your in pain. you are not alone.i am at present waiting for an app for an operation for a hiatus hernia. some of the symptoms you give are similar to mine.does the symptoms get worse after you have had something to eat or drink? i know i'm no expert but it sounds like a hiatus hernia to me.
Helpful - 0
Just to tell yall, the temperature fluctuation is still present, and the dr. RXed me some meds for ulcers just to see if it will work.  I was on Cipro for about 2 weeks and it really didn't work, so I am seeing if this new one will.  Oh, one new thing, yellow mucous stuff in stool as well as black discoloration at times.  Have any ideas of what might be going on? Who knows.  But, I gotta take one step before I take another.  God is good!  He's in control, so I'll just let Him do His job as I do what I can.  Thank you all for your postings, please feel free to put in anymore input.

Thanks and may God bless,
Chaddy
Helpful - 0
Thank you for the posting.  The dr. did do a CT of lower abdominal and pelvic reagion.  Would the GB show up on those?  I had the delicious barium 'smoothie' (ha what a joke...although I do have to say that they taste better than before...so GO medical advancements in the enhancements of taste in medical products!!!)...at any rate, I don't know if that would show up or anything.  Though I still have that tightness and feelings like that, I am still active, when I can be, in TaeKwonDo etc.  I refuse to stop living in lieu of sickness.  I'll trudge on until I am healed or until I die.  Whichever...smile

God bless...looking forward to the answer!
Chaddy
Helpful - 0
Hi Chaddy.  I'm unsure of the stool problem.  I've been having sporadic problems with my liver enzymes.  Has your physician done a liver panel to check your AST/ALT levels?  I also think it could be your gall bladder.  In September, that's what doc's thought my problem was.  Clogged bile ducts.  Causes pain, naseau, fever, etc.  Mine was not the GB, but I've now had my second bout of extremely elevated AST/ALT.  You may want to ask your doc to check that out also.  If the GB is clogged up, the enzymes will go up, stool will change, ect.

Hope you're able to find an answer.  It's very frustrating and depressing feeling so darn icky and no one can figure out the problem.

God Bless -
WendySue
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you still have an infection.  It may be that the cipro didn't work or you have stayed on it longer.  The doctor will take tests.  You don't have any blood in your stools so it's probably just an infection or it could be irritable bowl syndrome which a lot of people have.  Also start eating nutritious foods full of fiber, veggies, fruits, avoid dairy and fatty meats and too much transfats.  Try to take control of your stomach and what you put in it.  That may help as well.
Helpful - 0
Hi Chaddy. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I hate going to the doctor too. I don't have any personal wisdom to share about your symptoms. I think that sometimes we need to do our own research and ask the doctors about what we find. Maybe the only thing that can be done sometimes is to just have tests to rule out certain things and go from there but it is no fun to be poked and prodded, thats for sure! Hopefully someone else will read your post and give you some clues as to what can be wrong. Hang in there.
Helpful - 0
maybe it could be your gallbladder?  have they checked for that?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem