Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I need to live!

Hi. I am a father of four, sole breadwinner, age 40 and suspected to have small intestine cancer. I went through a surgery lately. The surgeon cut out 3 portions of my small intestine (a portion from the starting of the small intestine and 2 portions near the appendix and illeum) that are internally blocked by shrinkage. White spots seen on all the internal wall of the cutouts. The doctor said red spots in small intestine is usually associated with small intestine cancer but mine is white! And the test report given to me yesterday shows that I have got small intestine cancer and told by the doctor that I can
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A friend of mine gave me a wonderful birthday present, because she knew I was into natural/holistic health. It was a cookbook called COOKING THE WHOLE FOODS WAY, by CHRISTINA PIRELLO.

The writer of this book had been previously diagnosed with TERMINAL CANCER, and then met her future husband, who also had had terminal cancer, but was cured using the macrobiotic eating methods.

After being pronounced cured of cancer by her doctors (after going on the macrobiotic diet), she wrote this beautiful health giving book of macrobiotic recipes.

Part of your FIGHT TO LIVE, will be to BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE! DON'T GIVE UP! While you look for help from medical professionals, please HELP YOURSELF by trying to GREATLY IMPROVE YOUR DIET, by trying some of the easy recipes in this wonderful book.

WHAT CAN YOU LOSE? I wish you all the best!

Sincerely, Concerned lady

http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
Helpful - 0
There are those who believe that doctors are the quacks. The truth is that dufferent treatments work for different people. Some people are helped by chemo therapy, others by herbal medicines, others by faith healing. If there was one cure that worked for everyone no-one would be sick right?
I too believe you need a second opinion. Then you need to discuss with various people what your options are. If you do have advanced cancer, chemptherapy may not help and may make your life miserable and you sick.
Never give up - the world is full of people who have experienced miracles. Louise Hay was diagnosed with cancer in her 20's and is now 70 odd. Ian Gawler was given 3 weeks to live about 20 years ago. They have both written several books - it may help to look them up.
Diet improvements will certainly help your condition and there are several people who have cured their cancers using diet alone. Different treatments work for different people and your belief and conviction will go a long way in helping your treatment.
Good luck to you and good health.
Helpful - 0
KHF
I agree 100% that you need a second opinion immediately and find out the "Stage" of cancer.  If you are in Stage Four (it sounds like you are from the prognosis), then talk to your doctor about possibly enrolling in a clinical trial for your type of cancer where the newest (and experimental) treatments are offered since standard chemo may not offer the best chances for a cure.    Good luck and, yes, prayer does work.
Helpful - 0
I agree with what the others said! GET A SECOND OPINION NOW, FROM ANOTHER EXPERT DOC! And FIGHT, which will help you survive anything you may have!

Once you get some correct diagnoses, you will have treatment choices. See a holistic nutritionist who can advise you on how to greatly improve your diet, in ways that will help your situation!

Look at books at health food stores. Get ideas from these. Run the ideas past a good nutritionist and a new good doc!

Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
I went to a convention in January in Toronto, Canada.  There was a man there that had suffered for years with chrone's disease.  He even showed pictures of himself with his stomach cut open.  He said he had to be like this for nine months in the hospital with a fake skin covering it.  He is doing wonderful now.  If you would like I will try to locate his number because he said he would try and help anyone with his testimony. IF you are interested, email me at ***@****
Helpful - 0
Hello. First let me say how sorry I am that you are sick. Now, it does sound like you are in denial. If you had surgery and your doctor did a biopsy and said you have cancer and should start chemo, then I don't think you are looking at chrones. Chrone's will not kill you in a year and they don't use chemo to treat that. If you truly don't believe the diagnosis of cancer then get a second opinion, but do it quick. Then get on with the treatment that you have to do to LIVE. I had a friend with breast cancer and she was in denial. She went the health food rout. Don't do that. It's quackery. She died very quickly as the cancer was left to run rampant. There will be lots of people who say they have the answer...magnets, herbs, etc. Believe me, it doesn't work. Maybe healthy eating can keep you from getting cancer in the first place, but it won't cure advanced cancer. which is what I'm assuming you have if you've been told you have less than a year to live. Please trust your doctors, it's the best chance you have. Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
Does anyone know what kind of side effects I would have if I am sufferring from Crohns disease and undergo chemotherapy which is meant for cancers?
Helpful - 0
If you want to live then FIGHT!  Get that second opinion and if you do have cancer then get on with the battle.  From reading your post it seems you might be in denial.  Only two things WORKING TOGETHER are going to save you if you if you have cancer:  1.  God  2. Yourself.   Get a relationship with God. Pray, get a Bible and read it. Under go your cancer treatments and get books on healing via God.   Stay positive and fight, to help get the right mindset in battling cancer, go to the library and check out books/tapes by a Dr. Bernie Seigle.   I'll pray for you.

***@****
Helpful - 0
HUM, IT DOES SOUND KINDA LIKE CROHNS. MY COUSIN HAS CROHNS. I SEEN A COMMERCIAL TODAY SAYING THEY HAVE A TREATMENT FOR CROHNS NOW. GET A SECOND OPINION FAST.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem