Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

metal mouth

Help!  I have had a horrid metallic taste in my mouth for over 2 months.  I was on meds, I stopped.  It's still there.  No matter what I do, it stays.  I saw a doc, no gum or teeth problems.  HELP!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Check your thyroid - an overactive thyroid can change your taste
Helpful - 0
u can also have asthma. people who have ashtma that isnt under control or arent aware get severe horrible metalic tastes in there mouths. i wonder, do u have ne signs that show asthma?
Helpful - 0
It can also be a bile reflex into the stomach
Helpful - 0
KPC
Acid reflux does cause this, but I wanted to add that my mom had a similiar problem due to her thyroid. She has hypothyroidism and it casued a bad taste and smell in her mouth just like you described. It was like a tin/metallic smell and taste. She desn't have this problem now her thyroid condition is under control with synthroid.
Helpful - 0
YOU COULD ALSO HAVE ACID REFLUX. IT DOES CAUSE A VERY ICKY SOUR, METAL TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH AMONG ALOT OF OTHER SYMPTOMS.
Helpful - 0
Hello,

I would see a Gastroenterologist. The last time I had Metal Mouth I had an active ulcer.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem