Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

gas and ab issue

Ive had this problem for about 8 years. I am a very trim person, (5'11" 135 lbs) very active, and this seems to be ruining my life. Since middle school, my abs havnt been flat (of note, i should have a 6 or 8 pack) but yet it is not fat either. I find myself being anorexic so i can go on living what seems a normal life, being the thin active person people have always assumed I am. I can suck my stomach in so i have a flat stomach, which i have been doing for all these years. Recently, past 4 years or so, ive had severe gas issues, and wondered if anybody else has heard of this? Im just looking for some place to start, so i can figure out whats going on. Thanks so much.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It sounds to me like you're anorexic. 135 pounds at almost 6 feet tall is way too thin for a male. Did you know that malnutrition can make your stomache stick out? Also, there are so many more important things in life than your abs. Please don't waste any more of your life letting something so small ruin it. I don't think all these people you think are thinking of you being thin are thinking of you at all. The one thinking of you is you. What if you were me, sick for the last 11 years with an incurable and debilitating bladder disease that causes severe bladder spasms. I've had 2 back surgeries and walk with a cane (I'm 37 years old). I now have arthritis in my hands and a heart condition. I take 7 different meds around the clock. I've also had 2 C-sections that left me with scars and stretch marks on my abs and they are the least of my problems. My main concern is my taking care of my husband and teenage children. Life is about other people.
Helpful - 0
It could be a lot of things. Go to a good G.I. Doc. check it out...one step at a time..Leave the Beano for last
Helpful - 0
FIRST OF ALL, EAT!!!!!!!! SECOND YOUR LOOKS ARENT EVERYTHING. I AM 5'6 140 AND HAVE A FLAT STOMACH. I EAT ALL I WANT AND IM HAPPY AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. TRY SOME BEANO FOR THE GAS.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem