Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism

I have been diagnosed with hypothroidism for about six years.. I have beenon Synthroid since then..Although my activity level is still the same, I have gained weight, and cannot seem to get it off.  I am checked regularly for my med dosage, but still have some of the symptoms i initially had when first diagnosed.  My pcp says the tests come back normal.  I heard there are other meds available besides synthroid.  I would like to know what they are, and take tham to my Dr, for discussion.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

If you take a look at this page:
<h4><a href=http://www.curezone.com/dis/>Illness</a></h4> You will find lik to alt treatments Hypothyroidism.

Good luck
Liza~
Helpful - 0
I took levoxyl, but since my dosage was lowered I'm now on levothroid. It is good that your doctor regularly checks your levels, but it is important to have the complete test done. Your body can actually compensate so that the levels appear to be normal when they are not. I'm sorry that I don't know the name of the specific test, but if you call a naturopathe in your area he or she would probably know what to have ordered. At one time my t-3 was low. The thyroid produces more than one hormone, and t-3 is not usually tested because it is a very small part. My doctor kept raising my thyroid med, but it was not helping. When he tested my t-3, it was almost non-existant. When I took this med, it made a huge difference. It is non-conventional, and you may have to see a naturopathe if this is what you need. I hope this helps.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem