Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Lower Right Side Pain

I have pain on my lower right side. It is almost constant. Recent lap revealed no endo but pain still constinues. Noticed pain is worse when bladder is full. Pain usually worse at night. When pain is more severe it causes hip and back pain. Have been diagnosed with IBS in the past but bowel movements don't seem to have any affect on this pain. About to go back to my general physician..any idea what this could be or what is should ask to have checked?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same exact problem....I was also told it was IBS...I recently had a bone density scan done of my back and found i have osteo arthritus (degenerative joint disease)...this problam runs in my family so I was not supprised but was told for years that I was too young to have it..I am now 25 and have proved them wrong....the morral is, ask your dr. to do a bone density scan of your back and hips. I hope you don't have this but you have the same exact symptoms as I do...
           lilred
Helpful - 0
I was *sure* it was my appendix, turned out to be my gallbladder. Pain was gone right after my GB surgery.
Helpful - 0
You might have your physician check on your gallbladder.  Sometimes that can cause this type of pain, and gallbladder pain can radiate to the back.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem