Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Drainage from navel

I have a white to clear looking drainage from my navel.  It also has a foul smell.  Does anyone know what this could be?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, foul smelling drainage from my belly button was started.
Helpful - 0
Today I discovered a foul smelling odor coming from my three year old granddaughter navel, I didn't have any ideal what was causing it; so I cleaned it with alcohol.
Helpful - 0
I have the same thing going on with my naval and I was wondering if it has anything to do with me being overweight. I have noticed that because of my weight, the skin in and around my naval is stretched and seems almost like the skin on the inside wants to pull apart.
I did a poor job of describing this but maybe you'll catch what I am talking about. I have been applying alcohol with a cotton ball and it will get almost healed and then start draining again. Is your situation anything like this?
Helpful - 0
My daughter also several times has had this. It's surely sounds like a yeast infection too! If I remember right, she just used a cotton swab and a few times a day for several days cleaned the navel thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. I hope this advice helps and it should simply go away!
Helpful - 0
Yes, it's red and it's sore.  It also itches.  Thanks for the advice Terrylynn.  Maybe I can find out what it is without going to the doctor.
Helpful - 0
Sounds like a yeast infection. Don't know what to do for it though. Is it sore, red? If you go to the drug store and ask the pharmacist he can tell you what to use OTC.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem