Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I dont understand...what is this please!!!

ok some of u probably remember me i posted 2 before, any way, this has been going on since the begining of March...I have been getting really bad pains all in my abdominals and problems with bowel movment. sometimes id be constipated, the next day id have diarhea, and then for a week id have little circles of bowel. and sometimes when i let gas  out or have a bowel movemnt, when i would push a severe pain would come until the gas was out of the bowel movement...and sometimes i wouldnt be able to let gas out but my stomach would keep rumbling and i would know i had to and it would build up relentlessly and cause more pain. sometimes, i also get pains in my lower right abs and lower left that is different from the pain around the other areas...its a sharp pain that  lasts for a while. also if i move in a certain way i get pains in my stomach. i have naseau as well, but i have gotten rid of my temp. it just feels like i have a constant need to go to the bathroom and that my body is always producing bowel. and what concerns me is that this morngin, when i had a bowel movment, it was a redish orange color with dark brown..and that really scared me...so iany idea..please help. i alrady told my docter bout th is but he said to wait and while and see what happens but ive been wainting for 2 months now..
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also have your docotor test your stool for Clostridium difficile among the other general stool test. It can and does cause gas, bloating, constipation, runny stool, pain due to weakening of the colon walls and perforation, and in extreme cases can be quite dangerous if not treated. I have it myself now and it took the doctors 9 months do dianose it. I am on vancomycin now, it helps for a few days but then it start to come back. The only other drug that i know of that might help it is flagyl. good luck
Helpful - 0
Dark Brown Bm,s are normal, it,s the black , tarry stools you must be concerned about..See your Dr, just to be on the safe side.Good luck
Helpful - 0
.................Dark brownish or anything that resembles dark blood could be that you may be bleeding in the upper part of your intestines i.e processed blood, therefore, it is imperative that you get another doctor to care for you since the one you have doesnt care much. Also the fact that you have trouble with your BMs may be caused by strictures, you need to get some serious exams done.... blood work, upper GI, etc etc.

Take care.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem