Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Severe upper stomach pain, please help

I have severe upper stomach pain that comes and goes but when i have it, it radiates to my back and hurts really bad.  I went into emergency last monday but they just gave me an iv of dilaudid that killed the pain and took blood tests but told me they did not have a clue.  I also have diahrea after eating anything fatty immediately and every time i have a bowel movement it burns.  Like it is hot.  I woke up last night with acid coming up in my throat.  Although i never ever have heartburn.

Is this acid reflux disease?  My tummy does not burn it aches upper tummy and is sore to the touch.  I also have a bubbly v ery gassy stomach at night all night long and a cramping in my tummy so bad.

I dont have insurance so dont know what to do but this is getting unbearable.  The pain is upper middle of my tummy.  Comes and goes and burning stools and gas, alot of gas.

This came on all the sudden.  I was on Atkins diet for 6 months, does anyone know if this is gallbladder?  I am not nausous just in pain.  Feels like someone has punched me in the tummy.

Any advice will be so appreciated. I am so scared
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, upper abd pain after swollowing was started.
Helpful - 0
i had gall bladder surg in the late 80's and your pain sounds like what i had. the pain was in the upper abd area going thru to the back area. i also found it hard to breath or take a deep breath. alot of the times i would go to the emg room. by the time i finally got to see a dr sometimes the pain would be gone.and then one day it never went away. alot of people said  they had alot of vomiting but i never did just alot of pain. i hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
I agree with Beaker, cut back on all the high protein and try a low fat, simple diet for a week.  Lots of vegetables, chicken, turkey or fish for protein.  A diet high on protein can be very difficult for digestive organs.  The pain could be from varied causes, both gallbladder and pancreas difficulties can cause back pain, but work on your diet first and see if that eases any of your symptoms.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Hi, I read you have been on the Adkins Diet for quite a while.  Since that is high protein, try cutting out meat for a week and see if that relieves the pain.  Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem