Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what could this be?

my father has had a fever for the past 6 days.  the fever will get as high as 103.5.  he will than have severe chills where he shakes uncontrollably for about 5-10 minutes.  the temp will go down but will spike back up later.  he has been vomitting also. what could this be?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Me too - want to hear about Prilosec. My husband has been on it for a few years... Thanks in advance.
Helpful - 0
What is it about Prilosec that you are refering to?  I am 28 years old TODAY (8th)and had taken Prilosec for about 4 years, and am now on Nexium.  They really don't help a whole lot, but alittle helps.  My dad has been on Prilosec for about 2 years now and is still on it.  He is 55.  Please shed some light on this if there is anything.  Also, I am very sorry that you are hurting so bad.  If you need to vent, I am here.  Thanx- Eurika
Helpful - 0
................Farewell to you all....., Ive decided to go back to my old habits, make a **** load of money (quarter of mill) to be exact, stress as hell (while hustleing for it) and drink a six pack of beer a day (which I know) will do me no good.... However, Im so god damn sick and tired of this bullshit pain, it will never go away.......... I know Ive been screwed (can you believe this ****)...........by a $20.00 (lets get as many as we can) a visit, urgent care doctor who couldnt find his *** with two hands...... Hope you all can live a bit more than I can, hell at 31, I lived well beyond most of you.................The Frank Sinatra way..................

Best of Wishes to all............

P.S. web master dont erase this message, it is not intented to steer patients away from Prilosec...........if you know what I mean.
Helpful - 0
With a temp THAT high, he should be at the ER!
Helpful - 0
Fever usually means infection somewhere.  He should go to a doctor or er.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem