Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HELP! Can't find answers to all my symptoms!

I will try to make this short and still understandable.  About a year and a half ago I woke up in the middle of the night with the most gut wretching pain, it had me doubled over.  It lasted all day and was accompanied by a fever and severe diahrrea, intense bloating and gas.  It happened again a few months later but to a lesser degree, still accompanied by fever, diahrrea, bloating and gas.  Then it has happened every few months,to a lesser degree, sometimes only lasting a few hours, but the "fever" symptoms seemed to go away.  Then the other day i wasnt feeling very good, didnt have the gut wretching pain, but instead a dull gnawing ache, varying in intensity, accompanied by hot flushes and i was clammy feeling for a bit and also by diahrrea and severe bloating, it felt like trapped gas to me but i just couldnt burp enough to make myself feel better.  That dull gnawing feeling has stayed for two days now and is just annoying more than hurtful. My stomach feels rock hard at times, even my husband noticed.  I am 26yr, white female, overweight and i tend to have diarrhea on a regular basis depending on my diet and stress and this holds true to all the females in my family.  Lately my bowel movements have been yellow in color (what does that mean?) I may not be getting enough iron as i do not eat red meat or mushrooms (maybe thats the reason) and sometimes my bowel movements seem to have very dark bits in them, also my food is usually not all the way broken down and i can tell what i ate. Please help. thank you
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am not a doctor, but I love to study and ready about medicine and treatments and herbs! Two years ago my brother was told to go to emergency to have his gallbladder removed. I cautioned him and asked him if he would try a few remedies before surgery. He went along. 1st I asked if he could drink 2Tablespoons of Aloe Vera drink every 4 hrs.I gave him apple juice 1/2 glass every 2 or 3 hrs. Whatever he could tolerate and water for 2 days. His gallbladder was resting. Next, for breakfast everyday he had 2 Tablesp. of Aloe juice and apple juice. I made some vegetable juice (fresh and organic) 1/2 a glass for midday snack. At lunch he had more juice his choice vegetable or apple. We kept this up for a month. NO FOOD. Just juice and more juice.Very slowly we added in steamed vegetables,then fish never red meat too rich! He never has had surgery. He is very slim, but got to keep his organ. This organ's function is very important. Without it, you can get very heavy. Because we all tend to eat oils,butter,cream cheese,milk breaking down fats is impossible without this organ, and these foods are fats. Good Luck! I hope you have a complete recovery.
Helpful - 0
la
I was going to say the same thing, gall bladder.  The yellow is probably bile.  You definitely should go to your doc and get and ultra sound to see if you have stones or a gall bladder function test if its not stones.  Do Not live in pain without knowing. Get it taken care of before it turns into something worse, especially if it is stones. The rule for gall bladder is fat-forty-female.  I'm only female, but have a disfunctional gall bladder.  I had a baby girl 9 months ago and know of 4 other people, young, shortly after having a child having gall bladder removal. Maybe it's a similarity.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
I'm not a doctor either, but I've been experiencing very similar symptoms to yours. 10 months ago, I was woken early in the morning by incredible upper abdominal pain, much as yours. Desperate, I took some old ulcer medicine that I still had, and that seemed to alleviate the pain somewhat. I went to my doctor, and we moved forward with the ulcer guess, but the pain would not go away. After 10 months of this incredible fluctuating pain (and diarrhea and light colored stools)that was wrecking my life, I finally had enough and pitched a major hissy with my doctor, demanding further tests, etc.

Lo and behold, a CT scan and an ultrasound revealed a whole mess of gall stones. Gall stones explain the seeming randomness of the pain - mine is better when I lie on my stomach, which indicates that a stone(s) is probably blocking the common bile duct. The treatment promises to be minor - I will be having my gall bladder removed via laparoscomy very soon. There will be no more pain, but no more cheese either, as you must stick to a low fat diet when you don't have a gall bladder. Aaargh! But at least I know that I won't be gaining back any of the 30 lbs I lost. Hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
First let me say I am not a doctor.

I am also a young (24) white, overwieght female and your symptoms sound similar to mine. I still have not found a "cure," but I did have an endoscopy an discovered excess bile in my stomach to be the problem. When you see your doctor you might inquire about having an endoscopy. I am still looking for help with my problem, I continue to have "waves" of sickness followed by days of mild discomfort.
Helpful - 0
Hello
First of all i am not a doctor and i amsorry to hear of your problems. It sounds to me like this all started with the stomach flu or food poisoning.

Dont worry about stool colour right now unless the stool colour is always goldy yellow or Black (ALWAYS)another red flag you shouls watch out for is blood. Common diahrrea can occur with IBS. Orange Juice on an empty stomach can also give you yellow diahrrea.

Your symptoms seem to be on and off and triggered by stress and food, another sign of IBS. Another factor is you a very young and female. IBS is common in young females.

You should first be checked out by a doc, personelly i think you have got IBS which is good news due to the fact it is not life threatening, However sometimes it can be a Pain.

Hope this helps a little

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem