Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

lower left abdominal pain

I am a 40 year old woman who has recently experienced a sharp stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen. I've been diagnosed with diverticulitis or diverticulosis. I'm on a clear liquid diet and antibiotics right now. I now have diarrhea. This started Tuesday night and I was diagnosed Thursday night. I am still in a lot of pain and last night it felt like someone had given me a c-section without painkillers! Is this normal? How long until the pain will start to subside?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have a very normal diet, in fact better than most. Bran cereal, brown rice, vegetables and fruit every day, fresh fish, etc. I'm big on fresh produce, nothing processed. I don't even eat fast food.

I'm wondering how long it takes for the pain to go away. I'm also wondering if it could be something else?

Looking at an "internal map" of the body, it seems there's only the excretory system or reproductive system in that area. I'm just confused and sick of being in a lot of pain!!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem