Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Gall bladder..was removed...now they say its still THERE!!!!

I had my gall bladder removed 6 years ago. I have had nothing but problems since..in fact i almost died with the surgery.
I had ALOT of testing since. My internist did upper GI, CT scan, ultrasound. Never would give me the results. I got the run around from the doctors. I got mad and took all my films to my other doctor. He said..."your gall bladder is STILL there with a drain, it was never removed." He wrote a letter to the medical board reporting the 4 other doctors involved. More tests proved that my gall bladder was still there.
I was just sent for another CT scan and now all the sudden, my doctor who claimed my gallbladder was there, who wrote to the medical board, claims he was wrong, that its a tumor...I smell somthing fishy! Why would a doctor accuse 4 other doctors of malpratice, then 2 months later renig on what He found. Wouldn't a normal person make sure they were right?  Who can i totaly trust without thinking that there is some kind of "under the table cover up going on"?
What do you think?
GEL
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
can you go to the Medical Board yourself to see what they have to say about it all?
pretty scary,  good-luck
Helpful - 0
I  DON'T THINK I WOULD LET ANY OF THEM TOUCH ME. MATTER OF FACT I KNOW I WOULDN'T. A THOUGHT WOULD BE TO TAKE THE FILM AND GO OUT OF TOWN FOR A SECOND OPINION WITHOUT TELLING THE THE WHOLE STORY. THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GET THE TRUTH. MOST LIKELY ALL THE SURGIEON IN YOUR AREA ALL READY KNOW ABOUT YOUR CASE. BECAUSE WE WOULD BE TALKING MAJOR LAW SUIT. GOOD LUCK
Helpful - 0
Some times if a Dr. tries to start anything he is threatened with being black listed. Which means that he can't find work anywhere. They will let every hospital know about him and he won't be able to find work anywhere. Sad thing is it happens more and more to good dr.s  who want to help and then they are threatened. They've got to decide between their families or one patient.

Try another Dr. Don't tell him about these two situations and than see what that Dr. Says. So sorry you are going through this.
D
Helpful - 0
I believe I would show up to the surgeon's office and ask for a copy of your surgical records.  Don't call first, too easy for them to clean up their little mistake.  You will be asked to sign a release.  No Biggie!  Then go to the hospital where your ultrasound is and sign out the films acting like you are suppose to take them to your surgeon.  After that, do the same with all the other doctors.  Now it is up to you what to do from this point but first I would have a physican review them, of course you will have to pay for his/her advice.  If it is your family physican and you trust him/her then fine.  Just make sure you have all the records when you make that appointment.  Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Lor
Sounds kind of strange. I did read at one time and can't remember where. That the bile duct can expand in some people to create what might look like a gallbladder. What kind of trouble are you having since the surgery? I was in extreme pain for a year and a half after mine was removed. Until finally someone figured out what was causing my pain. By the way I saw 5 Drs thrying to get help. This is an area Drs try to stay away from.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem