Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

lets all talk about gastritis and how long could it last after h.pylory tx.

being a year and a half after my first treatment for h.pylory i cant believe i am still dealing with this.i cant believe dr.s dont warn youi about the consequences of that strong treatment.if i would off known that it was going to mess up my digestive system that bad i wouldnt taken all those antibiotics.i have pain and burning that never had before tx.also nausea after i eat.the worst thing is that i did a second course of it not knowing all this.i am sure that there are a lot of us with the same problem.its been hard for me to gain a pound.i hopethe  other people can read and think about it before taking those meds.gastritis can hunt you for a long time.and i didnt even go to the dr. for stomach problems!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had h pylori back in Jan, of this year, i had all kinds of symptoms..green stools, bloating, gas, passing gas, sick to my stomach, burning ...I had every test in the book, nothing major showed, just the pylori..I drove myself and my family to the brink of insanity, i got so depressed, i was put on paxil and xanax..Finally, my GP, sent me to a Gastro Dr..He put me on 3 pills, Prilosec, Biaxin, and Amoxicillin..I felt better in a few days, when i stopped taking the pills, i felt sick again, well i called him back, he said we cant do another treatment for 6 weeks, during this wait, i began to feel better, and they did a Endoscopy test on me, and a biopsy, the test was good, no more h pylori, sometimes after taking the first regimin of anti-biotics, you must wait a while for your system to return to normal, the very worst thing that i did was to go online and look for answers, by the time i was donem i had cancer, a bad gall bladder, colon cancer, i was a wreck, when looking in this forum, dont apply the other cases that are similiar to your own, your mind will surely take off, and you will have ever disease in the book, give it time, you will feel better, getting your mind off it helps to, i feel for you and i pray for your well being.....Paul
Helpful - 1
I just want to say that I feel the same way. I have hpylori, taken the prevpac. I've read so many Internet blogs and I feel like I'm going to die and I feel like everything is wrong with me. Thank you for posting those words of wisdom. I'll relax now and stop reading the Internet. Pray I get better and that my anxiety goes awayzz thank you
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, am i crazy!? was started.
Helpful - 0
To Jenn, ,you dont know the half of it, my entire family locks the door when i pull up..lol  If wasn,t all that bad, but when i camre to this forum, i had everything, i even bought a plot! Dr said to me, i have rub every test on you, he also said, a simple blood test would have given a clue as well, he said, stay the heck away from that internet,by the time i was done on here, i had 32 diseases..H pylori is a real treat to have, but the anti biotics will kill it, then your body needs time to re adjust, now im eating well again, gaining weight, and with the paxil, i feel much better....Give it time to pass, tell yourself, its not fatal, its only a germ, and it will go away.....take care
Helpful - 0
Paul,
LMAO!!!!! I swear I could have wrote that. Your story sounds exactly like myself. I'm driving my family nuts and yes, I too have everything known to man! Coming here and reading is really not a healthy thing to do, especially when you are sick yourself. Good Point ;-)

-Jenn
Helpful - 0
hi, let me tell you that so far i havent seen a gi yet,i dont have insurance until about 2 months from now,so everything i have had done is out of my pocket seen a regular dr.the blood tests,ultrasound and dr. visits every 2 weeks! as soon as i get insurance i will see one,even though my dr. says i dont have to.this is all very mentally draining to me,cause i worry  to much,which gives me anxiety which causes stress that makes gastritis worse.going to thedrfora cold that i thought was getting bad,got some antibiotics for my cold!and the meds got my stomach all messed up!so they checked for the bug and found it.and i heard a lot of people have it.i dont know what happened!as for the weight same as you,i  lost 10 pounds,bought a scale after that,gain some weight and the next day its gone!its frustrating.well at least i know its not all in my head.e mail me if you want,so that we can keep eachother posted.***@****
Helpful - 0
How I feel your frustration!!!! I too NEVER went to any doctor for that matter. I was NEVER, EVER, EVER, sick, noe did I ever have ANY problems what so ever with my stomach. Not a single person in my family suffers ANY GI disorders what so ever! It has been SO hard for me as well and I too CAN NOT gain a pound. I'll gain three pounds, go to sleep and when I get up in the morning..........It's GONE. Lost it...... EVERYTHING I gained. I don't have burning and I think it has to do with the protonix treatment for two-three weeks, but I have all the other symptoms. Chronic upper abdominal discomfort in the pit of my stomach all the time. My main concern is WHY on earth can't we gain weight if nothing else is wrong? I'm eating like crazy yet no weight gain! What does your doctor tell you? Does he explain why all of this is happening? Also, have you tried seeing a new GI? Someone who is reputable, well known, good????  It's been alomst a year for me. This August will be a year exactly since I was treated. Have you also noticed other strange things happening with your body of any kind????

Jenn
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem