Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Problems after gall bladder removal

I just had my gall bladder removed in November. Ever since, I have had problems with what I think, digesting my food. No matter what I eat, whether it is healthy or fatty, it still hurts. Immediately after I eat, I have a severe stomach pain below my belly button. Lately though, the pain has been so bad, it triggers what feels like a "charlie horse" in my abdimonal area. The pain is becoming an every day thing, and it hurts very, very, bad. Do you know what the problem could be, and have you ever heard of it before? I would appreciate a reply or comment as soon as possible. Thanks.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I to experience the Charlie Horse type pain you are talking about (had GB Surgery in DEC-01).  When I get up I'm fine but as the day progresses so does the "pressure/pain". Reading this forum I found information on what's called Sphinster of Oddi Dysfunction. (I posted a question on it also) Search this forum and compare your symptoms to those listed. (there are also many places on the Internet with information on this subject). Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
It might be an obstruction or pancreas problem, also.  They often occur after gallbladder removal.  I would stick to a strict low fat diet in the meantime, and get an appointment with a gastroenterologist for some testing.  The low fat foods should help.
Helpful - 0
Usually the pain would still be in the RUQ after Gall Bladder Surgery.  It sounds as if you may have IBS.  Irritable Bowel Syndrome.  I would check with my doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem