Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dr. has refered me to an OBGYN

I posted a question months ago concerning a pain in my lower right side. It has been off and on for almost a year now, it seems. My family doctor has done several test and has found nothing. She has done a CT scan , ultrisound , and an IVP. I am beginning to think I am imagining the symptoms which are, dull pains in the same area in my lowere right side and alot of times radiates through my back. These pains do not bother me while I am menstrating but begin soon after menstration. There was not any pain during intercourse until resently and only one time that was bad but that day I was experiencing stronger sharp pains in the area. And the pain definately felt like it was because there was pressure on the point of concern. Some times the pain is hard and sharp but most of the time it feels dull but painful if you know what I mean. It reminds me of when your leg falls asleep and the pain you feel when you move it only not in my leg but my side. I have the feeling that something is becoming inflamed at times and that makes it more painful. Could there be something that my family doctor has not seen? Or is this just something that happens after 3 children and a tubal ligation? Thanks for any info.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Lor
I have had ovarian cysts. Your pain sounds like that. I also had a sonogram done and came back normal. Later had a CT scan which showed the cyst. Also endometriosis will cause that pain. That can be hard to see on any test.
Helpful - 0
go see a gastro. doc.  soon
Helpful - 0
I would suggest a Dr. Specializing in Gastrology first.  I too went through all those tests and went to the OBGYN only because the IVP showed a cyst on my overies, which was gone when I had my sonogram. They did find a small fibroid tumor on my uterus but told me that this was nothing to worry about. I don't think I even mentioned my flank pain at that time because I didn't think it was related.

This pain sound more like a gallbladder function type pain. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.
Soccermom
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem