Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What's wrong with my daughter?

My daughter,age 24, always healthy until now became ill almost three months ago with a bad stomach pain sometimes accompanied by vomiting. She has had an upper gi, ultrasound of her gallbladder, colonoscopy, x-ray of her small bowel, a pap smear with a culture taken, and a cat scan from her stomach down. All of these tests have come back normal. The doctors did say she had a small hyatial hernia which should cause her no problems, and other than that they have offered her no answers as to what might be causing her pain. The attacks have become less frequent than when they started but also more painful and almost always accompanied by vomiting now. Has any one out there
had similar symptoms and a confirmed diagnosis of anything? Thanks for your help in advance.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
WHATS A GOOD DIET FOR PANCREATITIS  BE SPECIFIC PLEASE
Helpful - 0
Where exactly is your daughter's pain located?  What did your daughter have to eat prior to the attack?  When she vomits, what color is it?  Does she get diarreah?  Sometimes, they can do all kinds of test and it shows nothing but then there are certain procedures that lead to discovery.  I would find a gastroenterologist that is affilitated with a university that is near you.  See if his/her speciality is the biliary system.  You would be surprised how many folks have been sick for years only to discover they have a problem with their ducts.  Is your daughter under a lot of stress?  If so, does the attacks happen when she is stressed?  When you go to the gastroenterologist you need to describe every detail even if you this is isn't important or embarrasing to say.  It is the only way to get help.  I hope you live in a big city or near one.  I wish your daughter good luck.  Let us know how she is doing.
Helpful - 0
There are many GI disorders that have symptoms like you have discribed.  Keep trying to find a doctor that won't give up searching for a correct diagnoses until it is found.

Good luck,
TazLady
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem