Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

conti.....

i mentioned this has been going on for 3 mos but actually it started 2 years ago. it started up again in oct. 2001-feb. 2002. it stopped for a couple of months and started up again at the end of may. i am having pain from the cyst but obgyn says it will go away (been over a month now). thats nothing compared to this continuous nausea. is it common that when a gi doc cant find anything up front they just blame it on nerves? yes-i do have depression and bipolar/anxiety disorder but even my psychiatrist doesnt buy that this is totally mental. i am going to an endocrynologist (sp)? soon. maybe a horomonal imbalance? not on birth control...another psychiatrist mentioned this happened to his patient and they had giardia lamblia??? strange. i had an upper gi in jan 2002 and all was fine. sorry i keep typing away i am just soooo tired, weak, upset, frustrated, dizzy, sick, etc. does anyone know what it is like to vomit every day? gosh i hope someone knows something else to try. im praying for answers every day and none are coming. i have decreased coca cola intake. i can drink 32 oz of water and throw it up. im so dumb to smoke-like that helps. diet is not a big deal b/c i barely keep a meal down-ever. thanks again :)
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
cody,

Go to ACUPUNCTURE.COM

Click on Physician Referral Service or (whatever the variation of this is)

Click on "United States"

Click on Georgia

This will take you to the Georgia Acupuncture Page

There are a number of practicioners there. I saw where one ladt named "Squires" in Atlanta also specializes in "women's health" and "Immune disorders"; two things that could be pertinent. There are many others as well.

Good luck to you. Keep in touch. Let me know how things work out.

Kenneth

***@****
Helpful - 0
i live in georgia. do you know of any resources here locally or where i might find them on the internet?
Helpful - 0
Cody,

I forgot to answer your first question. I was having upper abdominal pain for about a month and a half. Through a combination of accupuncture and homeopathy I was feeling much better after about three visits. This was over the course of about two weeks. I was fully healed in about a month.

k
Helpful - 0
Well, that depends. It's much like a regular doctor's visit. $40-$60 per visit. However, the first visit is the most interesting. It might include accupuncture, massage, moxibustion, homeopathy or any one of the various methods they use.

You can ask them up front. They are usually very reliable and straightforward. In the meantime, I'll suggest a little book (apprx. 250 pages). It's called "Chinese Healing Secrets" by Publications International, Ltd. It is one of the finest resources avaliable on the subject. Very concise, clear and informative.

I've learned a great deal about self-healing just by reading it. I sometimes monitor my tongue to determine where my true illness is centered. I look at my illnesses a bit differently now as well.

What state are you located in, if I may ask? This would be important because each state has different licensing and permit requirements.

Kenneth
Helpful - 0
hey...i will try anything. thanks for the reply. i will do some research. how long did it take for your symptoms to go away? is it expensive? i am on disability, and medicaid for the time being...
Helpful - 0
Cody Cat,

I know you are tired and confused and every bit of advice seems a little helpful and maybe even a little more dissapointing. However, I'd like to make a suggestion. Have you tried Oriental Medicine? It is referred to as "Complimentary Medicine" in some states.

It sounds strange but sometimes they can detect a nuance or component that traditional medicine misses. I went to one in Arkansas several years back and it took a few visits but she seemed to stabilize my condidition. Then with the help of some herbal formulas and other treatment my condition gradually improved.

Just and idea.

Kenneth
Helpful - 0
thanks for your reply. i will definitely talk to my doctor on monday regarding that particular med. (yeah i have been through the ringer regarding meds myself)-im pretty fed up with the whole thing. thanks again.
Helpful - 0
For really severe nausea that gravol doesn't help, you may want to try a medication called domperidone.  It was the only thing that helped me.  I don't usually condone taking medication because I have been through the mill with taking different meds, but some are effective.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem