Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what is a hide a scan?

what is a hide a scan test.  is this like a ct scan with contrast or is it something different all together?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, could thyroid cancer spread to gallbladder was started.
Helpful - 0
I was told my function was 37. some odd %. Isn't this low?
I was also told I have a hiat. hernia but very small. My breath is very labored. I have to think about every breath because my diaph. feels so restricted. It is ruining my life. Two years of many test and no diag. What is wrong with me. As for reflux,
acciphex and nexium did not rel. my symptoms. Maybe the gall bladderis justnot effecient. No stones are evident. I feel dizzy and have many pvc's. After many heart test they say it is ok, please email me with ideas.***@****
Helpful - 0
Last year I was having severe pain under my breat bone running around to my back on the right side.  After many tests of the gallbladder, which all came back negative, I asked my physician to order a Hida Scan after reading about it on the internet.  The results were that my gallbladder was functioning at 3% which does not show on other tests.  Needless to say I had it removed last October and have had no a problems since.  Good Luck to you and don't give up.
Helpful - 0
Lor
Hida scan is a nuclear scan - When testing for gallbladder function it is done with an ejection fraction which is a hormone that contracts the gallbladder or causes the gallbladder to squeeze out the contrast. It looks for possible blockage or how well the gallbladder is functioning. Gallbladders should function at atleast 40% to be considered a functioing gallbladder.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem