Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What can my symptoms be?

I've had looser than normal stools for a few weeks. Not so much diarrhea, but not well formed.There is no blood in stool or around it.Other times in between have been normal. I am regular (once in the morning) but also notice stomach grumbling, a little burping . It seems to come and go. I had a sigmoidoscopy 3 months ago for hemmorhoids. All was normal.
no pain or cramps. Just a stomach noises and gassy feeling. If I had the sigmoidoscopy done, would that rule out cancers and other disorders.

I've had anxiety problems for the last 5 months. Is there a connection? Can I have two seperate issues going on...

Very confusing!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

all i know is what i am currently learning many have these
all related problems looks to me like its all related to
fungal infections caused by antibiotics and anti inflamitory
meds
look for info on pro-biotics and
detoxification try this site http://www.iknowthecause.com/info/index.mv
also online look for ultra body tody it helped me instantly with bowel spazms and gurgles
Helpful - 0
Also a colonoscopy can visualize the entire colon, but a sigmoidoscopy can only examine the lower 1/3 of the colon.
Helpful - 0
You would probably better benefit from a colonoscopy rather than a sigmoidoscopy for the simple fact that with a colonoscopy, they can remove polyps and do biopsy that would determine whether or not cancer was present. Also, some bloodwork may also benefit you to see if you have an infection. Also with anxiety there is definately a connection in the sense that some people tend to suffer from Irritable bowel syndrome (basically bowel patterns can change from emotions such as high stress and anxiety) and that may be something you want to look into.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem