Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anybody got these symptoms

I was diagnosed with Gerd and am confused. The docs could not do a scope in my throat (they said I fought the tube) so I had the barrium drink Xray. Symptoms are steady getting worse. I take two bites of food and have to stand up and try to walk, I feel like a heart attack is coming and the food is stuck in my throat and chest. Then in a few minutes I can eat a little more. And I am gaining weight really fast like 60 pounds in 6 months. I am taking estrogen and lipitor for cholesterol. Now I am also haveing flat sided bowel movements. I had pain in my coxyc which doc said was inflamed, took pills and therapy seemed better after a week or so now my bowel movements are curved and flat on one side. Makes me think maybe the coxyc bone or bladder or something is sitting on the intestine mashing it maybe. I have a gastro appointment 10/18. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago from prolapse bladder and rectum.  I am scared that the surgery failed and am now having symptoms again. The urologist wants to use a sling  for the bladder problem. I am troubled because I have blown out both knees and am having surgery to remove cartilege on the left side on 10.7 then in 6 weeks we will do the other knee. Now this. I am getting paranoid and feel like I am falling apart. Please help.  I am only 46.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, No One Knows was started.
Helpful - 0
this place is taking a different approach
maybe they can help
http://www.iknowthecause.com/info/index.mv
Helpful - 0
Yes I do have a hiatal hernia which I am hoping the gastro doc will check to see if it is worse. I have never had anything checked for the colon problem. I also inquired about a colonoscopy so I think he will probably order some test too.  I am worried about so much anesthesia what with the other surgeries. i do not see why they can't just knock me out and let the surgeons line up do the job amd then keep me for a week or so in hospital and get it all done at once and over with. Thanks for responding to my question. Jeannie
Helpful - 0
Have you been checked for a bowel obstruction??????? I am no Dr.so I can't diagnose, but I am a nursing student and just from what you have explained it sounds like a bowel obstruction or a hiatal hernia. I would see  my MD right away to get a definite answer. If it is of any help, and if possible, go to a teaching hospital emergency room if you can't get any answers.Usually most major cities have one which is well known......like for example Johns Hopkins, Massachusetts General Hospital etc etc. That's what I did because my doctor just out right was an @$$ and got annoyed with my complaints so I canned him and went one Sat. morning to an ER  at a teaching hospital and also ended up finding a great new Dr. who took me on and he actually listened to me. And just a little FYI......go early on a weekend morning because alot of people wait until after the weekend to go to the hospital because they are afraid of being admitted or they think it's going to be busy....believe it or not an er is usually least busy on a weekend morning.....it took only 2 1/2 hours on a Sat. morning for what my local hospital took 14 hours on a weekday morning to do......so give it a try and good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem