Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Rectal Bleeding?

Well.. ive been bleedin for like 2 years now when i go to the bathroom. it would bleed sometimes and sometimes it wouldnt.. ya know? like the bowl would turn red sometimes and sometimes nothing
either way that didnt bother me too much cause it only hurt for like a few min after i used the bathroom if that long figured no big deal or probably hemroids or something... well the other day i went to use the bathroom and my underwear had blood all in them so im like wtf? thats scaring me a lil so just wondering if anyone has an idea.
;\
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I too had blood in my stool. I didn't think much of it because it happened here and there and didn't seem to be too much blood. A couple of weeks ago I started bleeding more often and a lot more each time. My husband was sure I was going to end up dying so he took me to the ER where they performed some tests and decided I needed to be seen by a GI doctor the next day. They stressed that I see the doctor the next day. The ER doctor even gave me his home number.
So now I'm getting pretty scared. What ER doctor gives his home number to a patient?
I did see the GI doctor the next day and had a sygmoidoscopy (less abrasive then a colonoscopy)and was diagnosed with hemmoroids. I have them both internally and externally. The doctor gave me some samples of stool softeners to be taken daily and suppositories to be taken nightly before bed. I have not had bleeding since.
You should go to the doctor and have this looked into. Nothing good will come out of waiting.
Helpful - 0
Could be an anal fissure too. constipation leads to this it is a tear on your rectal wall, a super high fiber diet helps ease the constipation.  You NEED to be seen about this right away
Helpful - 0
nite-18, buddy, don't know if this will help but i'm somewhat having a similar experience as you.

it all started with a sudden attack of constipation. led to bleeding - a lot of bleeding!.

went to doctor. found out i had external hemmoroid. that means that a vein near the the exit path has popped out from behind the muscle-lining. so now, i'm on a HIGH-FIBRE diet just to ensure that i never have constipation. seems the other option would have been to operate out the hemmoroid. now i still have some bleeding once in a while whenever the stool is too hard. still it's better.

the really tricky part is that i have "external" hemorroid. turns out that if i had "internal" hemorroid, then things would have been much WORSE. can't tell how much worse since i didn't get the opportunity to experience that, but i've been told by the doc that the point to note is that it would've been just a TAD bit more painful. (a quick symptom to find out if you got internal hemorroid is if the blood on the stool appears stale and not the dracula-type fresh).

well, that's my two cents. hope it helps. and do update on your own findings...!
Helpful - 0
Please go to the doctor. My uncle by a previous marriage had that happen to him, he never said anything, one day his wife noticed the blood in his underwear and made him go to the doctor, it wasn't good news, he had waited to long.

With yours it may just be something simple, just go get it checked out.

Good Luck
Helpful - 0
I agree with the above. It may be something very benign like hemmorhoids but it needs to be checked out. Bleeding from the rectum is not to be dismissed. Keep us posted...but please get checked. Take care and good luck.
                                             JCI
Helpful - 0
see a doctor, NOW!  it might just be hemmies, but you need to confirm that and eliminate other things.  if the bleeding continues today, go to the ER.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem