Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A small update

Hey everyone, some of you might remember me, I am the crazy 18 year old who has been have stomach problems =)

I went back to the doctor today, again, and this time he decided I should have a colonoscopy(thank god).  I feel much better knowing something is being done..  And it really helps to be able to post here, just to hear reactions, and get information.  So this wednesday I am going to check in, and check out, hopefully with some half decent news =)  The doctor thinks I might have had diverticulosis and that I am feeling some residual symptoms from that.  Either way, peace in knowing what is going on.  If anyone has time to spare, could you post about you colonoscopy experience(s)?

Thanks everyone, and wish me luck!  =)
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
10374 tn?1242241278
MTV
Hey Red!  I remember you!  Well...I think I may have told you already, but colonoscopy's are pretty simple.  The worst part of it is the prep the day before, where you are on a clear, liquid diet and have to take the laxatives.  You are basically out durning the actual procedure and it does not take long at all.  You will need someone to take you home, because you will not be allowed to drive due to having had anesthesia.  Good luck!  I am sure everything will be fine.
Helpful - 0
My husband has had 2 of them and he says that the prep is the worst part for him too! Drinking the Go-Lytley(sp?) The rest isn't that bad, as he was put out both times. Good luck, you will do fine and have some answers maybe!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem