Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Not sure what I have

I have been sick for quite a while my doctor thinks its a ulcer I am going to have endescope next week but am very worried what they may find.  I have dull type stomach pains on and off all the time very bad stomach aches like period pain but its not.  I have stomach gurgling.  Anyone with ideas
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have had my endoscopy and the results were - 7 - 8mm inflammatory appearing polyp which they have taken biopsy to confirm its benign and also mild acute chronic gastritus with mild granular oedema and hperaemia they took biopsy to look for hilcobacter infection.  So really I dont know what they found until I see my doctor.
Helpful - 0
Your pains sound like mine.  How long have you had them?  Mine doesn't hurt all the time. Some day are beter than others but when I feel it, it's usually right at the upper midline, like right below my ribs directly up from my navel.  In that general area.  But then sometimes I feel it in my lower pelvic area.  Is this where you feel yours?  It does kind of sound like an ulcer, doesn't it?  Do you feel better after you eat?
Helpful - 0
I know this is easier said than done, but whatever you have is not going to change between now and your endoscopy next week, so stressing yourself in the meantime is of no value.

You and your doctor appear to be doing the right thing by ordering the endoscopy. Try not to focus on worrying about something you cannot control in the time between now and your test.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem