Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Prevacid Side FX/RT Side Pain = Hiatal Hernia? H Pylori meds incorrectly taken

Hi there...

I'm wondering what people's side effects have been from Prevacid? Any input would be great.

Also, can a Hiatal Hernia cause pain on the right side? I know I have a HH because I was having chest pain, no doctor knew what it was. Then I wen to my chiro for an adjustment, mentioned it to him, and he literally reached up into my ribcage and pulled downwards. It hurt a bit but the pain has been 80% less since then. But I still occasionally feel right side pain, right at the floating ribs.

Also, I was diagnosed with HPylori and given metronidazole, tetracycline, pink bismuth and prilosec. i took this in the wrong way -- i misunderstood the dosage. should i be retested? i have occasional abdominal pain.

thanks for your comments. you might be helping me a lot.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, stomach problems was started.
Helpful - 0
thanks for the comment. sometimes I have muscle aches but I was also in a car accident and i work in a high stress environment so it's kind of hard to tell exactly why. my symptoms on prevacid are mostly with regard to bowel movements -- either diarrhea or constipation,
Helpful - 0
Hi, I've been on prevacid for 6 weeks; it has helped me a lot. But I have had things happen that I wonder about like muscle and joint pain and lots of trouble sleeping and wonder if that is a side effect.  I looked it up on the net and it says muscle and joint pain can be a side effect of prevacid.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem