Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

G.I. won't help me w/o $1,000 for colonoscopy...

well it's me again! i went to a G.I. and he tells me it is imperative that i get a colonoscopy. then tells me that e will do it as long as i have $1,000. (i have no insurance) i told him i that i do not have an extra thousand dollars right now (it's the holidays for pete's sake!) and he told me to come back when i did! i asked him if it would be safe for me to wait until next month when my insurance kicks in to get the colonoscopy. he just sat there and finaly said "i can't tell you that" well gee! thanks! i was so upset i wanted to scream! (i actually invisioned myself doing pretty rotten things to this man.) payment plans were not an option. i could have easily payed $300 every two weeks but no. so now i get to live in pain (which now has gotten quite excruciating) be contipated (can only go with use of an enema) have aweful mucous when i finally get b.m. out. (it is honestly disgusting it is rust orange and there is a ton of it) my back, stomache and ribs hurt like ****, i have aweful joint pain, headaches, i feel like throwing up everytime i eat and my stomache bloats every time i eat. my newest symptoms include black and maroon mixed into very dark stools, i am now in continuous, all day pain , insomnia, my body has started to itch like **** at night, (mostly scalp and legs), i am bruising like crazy (i look abused),my joints have seriously gotten worse. i don't know what to do guess i'll be waiting in pain for another fricken month. all i know is that the blood in the stools scares me....

anyone know what this could be? (please?) anyone?!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It seems pretty crucial that you get this colonoscopy as soon as possible. If, as you say, you're capable of coming up with $300 every two weeks, couldn't you find a way to borrow the $1000 ANYWHERE - maybe a caring family member or close friend? Someone else could even put it on their credit card for you if you don't have one yourself. Bottom line, this is your health and there's nothing much more important than that.
Helpful - 0
I would definitely try and find another doctor who will be more sympathetic and willing to work with you.  His attitude is inexcusable!  I can't believe he won't work with you on a payment plan.  It sounds like your symptoms are pretty severe, and there is no reason why you should have to wait another month.  If he isn't willing to be accomodating to your situation, then hopefully you can find someone who will.
Helpful - 0
I can relate to your delemma.  I was in a similar position ten yrs ago. If I were you I would find another GI.  How insensitive is this JERK!!!??? Some DRS? make me just want to barf!(and I use that word Dr. very loosely).
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem