Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anti-Acid pillow

I have Gerd and I use two pillows to raise my head and a small pillow for my back.

And now I also suffer from Neck soreness, shoulder pain and headache. I did the CAT Scan it's normal, there are 3 months I have this symptom along with Gerd. Doctors can't figure out it either.

I want to rule out that may be caused by my pillows. So I decided to buy a Anti-gerd pillow. I found on web site by searching there are POP-up pillow, Medisant and alos acidreflux.com pillow.

Don't know which is better, Any suggestions?

Thanks
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've also heard a good comment about the PROP UP PILLOW, from a woman with severe reflux, who told me this pillow really helped her.

If you try the "blocks on the floor" method, try blocks that are 6 to 8 inches thick--have someone (not you) put these blocks on the floor, and have someone (not you) LIFT the head end of the bed, up, and onto these blocks. (You should avoid bending, & avoid lifting heavy objects--because these activities worsen GERD.)

The "blocks on the floor" method creates an incline/tilt/slant, so the entire bed is still in a straight line, but one end (the head end) is 6 to 8 inches higher than the foot end of the bed.

Try to avoid squeezing your stomach, which using many pillows tends to do (puts a person into a sitting position, just about--which squishes the stomach). Pressure on the stomach is bad, because it can cause worse refluxing. (Also avoid belts, & avoid any tight clothing around the waist.)

Concerned lady
<a href=http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com>http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com</a>
Helpful - 0
I have the Prop Up Pillow, and that has helped me. I suffer from a condition called gastroparesis, or delayed stomach emptying. At night sometimes the contents of the stomach just kind of collect there, and I wake up feeling nauseated. The pillow helps because it elevates me to help natural gravity empty the stomach. The Prop Up Pillow is very firm, doesn't mush down like regular pillows, and is quite wide, so you don't slip off. I use a regular pillow on top of it. I still have a tendency to slide down during the night (or I move myself, it still doesn't feel natural when you are used to sleeping flat), but it is certainly better than just using pillows. I know it's expensive, but better than waking up sick.
Helpful - 0
It does sound like it's caused by the pillows. I slept on a mountain of pillows for about a year and was chronically going to the chiropractor. I wouldn't know which pillow would be best, though, because for me, they're too low. I went all the way and bought me a very old hospital bed. I wouldn't recommend it unless your GERD is so severe that a wedge pillow is too low. It's expensive, and they are such a pain to move. (The older they are, the heavier they made them.) Another alternative is to stack bricks or 2x4s under your mattress at the head of the bed.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem