Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Any ideas. I'm starting to worry.

I recently posted a question and received some good input from everyone, which I appreciate.  I'm still having the slight pains in my upper left side under my rib cage.  My other symptoms inlude dizziness, lower back pain, fatigue, insomnia and inconsistant bowel types.  Most recently I have noticed increased thirst and increased hunger but my most worrisome symptom would be one I hadn't even really notcied.  At Christmas my whole family was shocked when they saw me.  I knew I had lost some weight but didn't realize how much until my family commented on how thin I was.  I checked my weight when I got home and was shocked to see that I have actually lost 13lbs. since I last seen my doctor in November.  It's not because I don't eat.  I've actually been eating a lot lately.  I can't get a doctor's appointment until Friday.  Meanwhile I'm worried about what could be wrong.  It sure does seem like a lot of unrelated symptoms to me.

Thanks for any info.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Bowel problems was started.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your input.  I've been doing some research on pancreatic promblems and some symptoms do seem consistant.  I also have an enlarged thyroid but my thyroid numbers keep coming back okay.  They did the 2 hour diabetic test that came back okay and my red blood cell test came back okay.  My iron is right within normal limits but is considered low.  The pain in my upper left side is not constant or severe just annoying at times.  I did notice while Christmas shopping that the pain would get bad until I sat down for a while.  Even the dizziness comes and goes.  My doctor shrugged that off as an inner ear infection.
Helpful - 0
I have the exact same symptoms for two months now and I'm starting to go crazy with no relief.
Unnoticed weight loss and everything!
j.
Helpful - 0
I also wanted to mention that the increased thirst/hunger could signal the onset of a diabetic condition. Make sure you mention this to your doctor on Friday. Take care.
Helpful - 0
Hi Clover,

Except for jaundice, you have described practically every symptom of a possible pancreatic problem. Make absolutely 100% certain that your doctor takes this into consideration, and do not leave without him giving you a referral for either a Spiral CT Scan, an MRCP, or an ERCP.
I know it's scary stuff. I've been dealing with similar symptoms myself for the last five months. It's imperative you get the doctor to look at the pancreas as the possible cause.
Take care,
Rick
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem