Aa
A
A
Close

granulomatous mastitis Group

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

41 - 60 (of 498) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello ladies, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. I am waiting on results of my second biopsy to confirm the GM diagnosis. I have had 4 abscesses and a huge portion of my breast has been hard as a rock w...
Dinaxxxx | Last answer
So shortly after getting GM I started to lose hair but in the past month I noticed I lose soooooooooooo much more hair now. My bangs are very thin. Anyone else experiencing this? I realize you lose hair when you're stressed but I don't...
kuulei04 | Last answer
Have any of my IGM sisters here ever successfully breastfed after diagnosis? I breastfed my first two babies, and I really want to do the same with the twins I am currently pregnant with. I had a pretty big excision on my left brea...
MoViris | Posted
Hello everyone! Its been 3 years since I recovered. I initially was diagnosed during my second pregnancy at 5 months. My son was 4 months when the GM just went away. I had it for a total of 9 months. I have a pinch here and there but no...
hailey108 | Last answer
Hi I am new member and suffering with this disease for last 7 mnths. I am happy to find this forum as someone is there to understand my condition and I am not alone. I have had 7 antibiotic courses, one operation and about 10 drains so f...
nora321 | Last answer
I can't believe that I found this forum. Like everyone else (it seems), my doctors know nothing about this condition and are unsure how to treat it. I've been suffering for two months and in that time I've had a mammogram, ultrasound, co...
upsetnadconfused | Last answer
I wanted to write about my experiences with granulomatous mastitis here because this forum helped me so much when I felt really bad. It all started in February when I suddenly, one evening, had this strange feeling and pain in my right ...
katklei76 | Posted
I am a newbie to this group. Was just recently diagnosed with IGM after 4 months of a variety of doctors not knowing what was going on. I have been through 2 antibiotics, which included a 5 day hospital stay, discharge with a PICC line...
B22mama | Last answer
Has anyone actaully been diagnosed with an underlying cause or autoimmune disease? I had a bunch of tests done by a Rhuematologist, who found nothing. I have had this since Jan 2014 (so 9 full months) and still abcess on a regular basis.
ktbh8 | Posted
Hello :) I found this forum so helpful when I was researching and trying to figure out what the heck was going on in my boob. I wanted to post a link to my story and my journey into a mastectomy and recovery afterwards. A mastectomy was...
manywaters | Last answer
Hello I have been living with this since April 13,2014.Woke up that day feeling like I had the flu and my left breast swollen like a watermelon. Went to my gyn since I had a discharge from nipple,she thought I just had an infection. too...
momnyc | Posted
5265722_tn?1402527432
Hello Everyone, I was so glad to find this forum when I did back when I was first going through this ordeal with GM. I had not logged on for so long due to the fact that my situation got better. In January 2013 is when my GM started...
brendy1115 | Last answer
I had my BS lance a puffy red patch on my breast that looked like it would explode soon and my breast felt and feels so much better already than when I waited for the red area to explode naturally. I've noticed a lot of posts from women ...
dlsa1 | Posted
Hello everyone, I am new to this group. Here is a little about me. I am 32 years old with a 3-year-old boy & a10-week old girl. I had an abscess in my left breast last February, 18 months after I stopped breast feeding my son. I had an I...
Jieping | Posted
Has anyone found that their IGM flares up even when their T2D is well controlled?
dlsa1 | Posted
I have had IGM for a little over five months now and I hate it. I feel depressed and tired and I want my left breast gone. I had an abscess burst a little over a month back and it has just started to look like it is healing over and now ...
dlsa1 | Posted
I just went to a rhuematologist last week, who ordered tons of blood work, basically to test for everything they cover that has "granulomas". Has anyone actaully been diagnosed with an underlying cause or autoimmune disease? I have had ...
ktbh8 | Posted
Hi - I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with IGM via my pathology report. My doctor said that he has never treated this disease in 15 years of breast diseases and prescribed me prednisone to take (50 mg). He also wanted me to see a rhuema...
ktbh8 | Last answer
Hello everyone! I was recently diagnosed with GM in the last two weeks (found lump, had mammogram & ultrasound, biopsy) and beginning to feel some serious pain. Had a visit with my doctor who is obviously stumped by the disease and treat...
c_mo | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
5860291_tn?1379195535
Blank
Sush560 commented on Sush560's status
Feb 05
Blank
Jen730 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 08