Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hep B Vaccination Side-Effects

Hello, I recieved the 3 Hep B vaccinations last year, now there is a large crater developing at the injection site, you can see the three distinct injection sites, and they are together forming a "hole" where there is no fat at the injection site about an inch wide. I have seen the local doctor, and he too is doing research--do you have any information on this particular problem, and the treatment? please let me know
thanks
31 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
86075 tn?1238115091
I'll take goofy comments over negative ones anytime, fact I welcome some laughs to offset the all the pain here, speaking of pain, give it a rest why doncha?
Helpful - 0
In all due respect, we give Spacecoast (like Calio2)ten times the amount of bandwidth he/she asks for by engaging in the same conversation with he/she over and over again. I would think a better way to use copy and save bandwidth would be simply to not engage in tit for tat but to bring any distateful matters to the attention of MH. If that doesn't work, I dunno.

-- Jim
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
You gotta point...
Helpful - 0
ML2
I wish MEDHELP would look and then they could see that Mr. Goofus just can't keep his trap closed going with comments! Then when someone reply's boom the geek squad wants blood! Fair I do not think so! Just my wunderful thought about it! Boo Hoo!
Helpful - 0
Sorry LA I don't know anything about this.  I have hepC and had all the other hep innoculations and never developed any side effect from it at all.

I'm sorry that the conversation in here got wonkie...we have problems sometimes with people who don't really belong in here and come to make trouble.

Best of luck
Helpful - 0
ML2
Who does belong sweetie! You? Why? Goofy? Why? The rest of your little hit team? Why? Give me a break!
Helpful - 0
I remember now that you mentioned taking a series of tests before begining your tx. It is a good baseline. The funny thing is, as many hepatologists are saying that initial viral load has shown no impact in the SVR results of their particular trial.  It is possible that most of those trials do a vl when just begining their subjects tx, and some don't.  I read some old articles that said c-section was preferred for women with hep c, and now some new ones said it does not matter.  It is almost tic for tac.  What counts is how quickly and how much your vl has dropped once you start the meds, hopefully it is negative by now in your case.
on with the fight
Helpful - 0
Don't worry you belong too, we understand about people with psychological problems in here and will do our best to include you and support you until you remember to take your medication.

I had forgotten school was out on the weekends...doesn't your mother monitor your internet time?  Perhaps you should take your meds and then watch Scooby Doo and relax.  Sounds like you are getting all worked up hanging out with the adults in here.

Helpful - 0
We Wuv you too you know.  I thought you owned the forum but finding out it's goofy and bagle is fine with me too.  As long as I don't own it it's cool.

too much responsiblity for a brain like me :)
Helpful - 0
I do not have any info for you, but there are people here who will give you some good info.

I am so sorry that you have to read the spats here and that the spat went on before your question was even answered first.  I did have the opportunity to be around reading on the first round of this quarrel and I was a newbie then too.  Don't give up; this is a very good site to post questions and get answers; things will settle down.

I mean this in a good way; everyone PLEASE be have. Don't scare the newbies off.

cajun

Helpful - 0
Cuteus---Yes I know, I'll be taking shot #3 tomorrow night.  So we will see how it goes.

NY GIRL---Glad to see back.

Be well all.

BB
Helpful - 0
94007 tn?1224762736
Jim,friole, Kalio - thanks for well wishes
Daughter doc is top hepatologist(sp?), we discussed the spleen at last visit, bx and last blood tests were confirmation of what he thought - that it was slightly enlarged because of virus, will pursue it, though, thanks. She definitely doesnt drink - she wants to be a missionary - and all my kids have been educated about alcohol from my long time sober experience and people needing help being at our house for years!! I know that doesnt mean they'll stay away from it, but this one definitely will. There is another one that is questionable though.

strator - I am not on tx but have had 2 scary episodes with my vision lately - periphery totally blurred. Went to eye doc today and right away he said they are ocular migraines. You dont even have to have a headache with them, though I do get migraines as well.
Helpful - 0
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water Beavis and Butthead decide to go swimming! Walk away...just walk away...
Cin
Helpful - 0
hey man, i am having little visual 'floaters ' since begining trx,also peripheral vision glitches-kinda,sorta see something outa the corner of my eye--lol--i am not a menace on the highway....i believe this is fairly common manifestation from 'the meds'....and i just accept my visions as extra enertainment--a vsual surround sound..on AD query,i am using,helps me,good luck ....on muscle cramps,charley horses--try eating bananas,always worked for me....so glad things worked out well for yr son & glad he got a good feed outa the xmas incident....what do they say bout dining out on that story ......also chked out your paintings--i am impressed-wow.....hope all is well for everyone treating!!!
Helpful - 0
dancegirl54 - You seem to have a good handle on this whole viruseffect on your family. thanks for answering my eye post from the open thread. It's really aggravating added my tx sx. I'm pretty lucky with them butseems my sx are like dealing with a bunch of quick little jabs instead of a couple of brutal solid hits. Lately they been adding up. I've been really, really  cranky around here despite keeping my recovery schedule up and trying to work on my attitude. Starting to get in the way of any serenity around here with the kid and my dad. Not really fair to them. Hence the other question about ADs. I thought it was just holiday stress but even little stupid stuff is getting me in a dander.
Thanks, Be well on the journey,
don
Helpful - 0
I still can't stop laughing with what you wrote. I really needed that.;)

How are you?

BB
Helpful - 0
Beam I eat bananas most every day. Still get the chuck stallions. Gonna try calcium/magnesium. The floaters is like having a smudge on the lens when I wear reading glasses. I got enough cerebral floaters not to need ones with my vision.

Also Thanks my friend, got your other message. (My kid's saving his pennies to put me in subsidized housing too, long as it ain't with him he says. Told him tonight at supper he better lead a good life then. Cause if they don't let him upstairs on judgement day he might find he's back living with me downstairs.)
Happy Weekend, I do shot 17 or 18 tonight, brain problems today.
Don
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
ha ha, good one. ...remember when you were just watching tv or something minding your own business...and your little/older brother (sister) would come in and swat you on the head or squirt you in the face?... and you'd get po'ed and start screaming at them and run after them or whatever and your mom would start yelling something like...you kids stop fighting! and you'd be all indignant and say, well he/she started it!!!

Some of these threads just take me back... in high school there would always be the charming, smart, popular kids and the other kids who weren't so popular and they'd be jealous of the popular kids...I was one of the jealous kids actually... maybe why I got into drugs shortly after graduation! yikes I can see why that might happen! It's all kind of interesting anyway, cept when it isn't! ha ha!
Helpful - 0
Lafred,,,I can't even imagine what would cause that as I have had all the shots and no reactions whatsoever. Did this happen immediately after the shots? Seems like a mystery and please let us know what your drs findings are.  It must be nothing to worry about if this all was a year ago and you haven't had anything else arise,,,health wise.

Ok you guys,,,who owns the forum besides of course,,,Cindy and Phil...
Helpful - 0
92903 tn?1309904711
Looks like Butthead sold to Beavis and used the money to retire......
Helpful - 0
I meant what I said in a good way.  I'm just having one of those days and it was good to read that. Then just read what goofy said below.HA HA

Thanks guys I needed that.

BB
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
My post was not specifically designated to you, odd that find that it is...why not cut everyone some slack? guess Kalio said it best, and just be at least civil with your postings...not too hard to do really...if you really are sick with this then you realize how serious this disease is....no one wants to deal with all this passive/aggressive or outright aggressive behavior from anyone, no one suffering with this needs it. Who cares if there are people here you don't like, it would be odd if you "did" like everybody...

I don't really think anyone can dictate what the content of what anyone's post should be cept the forum managers... Only that it is CIVIL...That goes for all things related to HCV, or talking about one's kids, jokes, tv shows, work, spouse or live-ins, new drugs, whatever...if there are people here who rub you the wrong way, including me, just avoid them and gravitate to the people you do like...but take special care with the newbies...they don't need smart a$$ remarks because they don't know what this forum is about yet and they are in a very fragile place...if this is beyond your capabilities.... why not go elsewhere?
Helpful - 0
Man the vision thing scared the **** out me when I first started tx, it was like a really bad acid trip. I even saw lightning bolts like flashing in the corners of my eyes. They are associated with migraines, and the floaters can also be associated with anemia. Remember when your hemoglobin dips below 13, technically you're considered anemic. There are other blood indicators that suggest anemia. The doctors just aren't concerned until you can't function.     Peace
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
I promise this will be my last posting to you...for clarification...I posted the high school talk to Cquest, and no one else, you proceded to post to me, and no one else, the bit about you being a big cry baby with no friends. Have you heard of the term "projecting"? you project on to me what you just did yourself...anyway, the way youre speaking to newcomers, I hope youre out of here soon....over and out for me, go on and rant on all you want about me, promise I won't lose any sleep...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.