Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about Hepatitis B Symptoms, or are the symptoms a coincidence?

I might have been exposed to the Hepatitis B virus and I am worried that I am having symptoms. I was sexually active with a girl who had been sexually active for over 8 months with a man who supposedly had Hep-B. She was tested for Hep-B after that 8 month period and was negative for the virus. I assumed I would be negative also since I have not been with any other sexual partners and still have not.

I was initially worried when I had light hives over my body for two days. Now, about ever 1.5 months, I get one (1) hive directly in the center of my chest. It's happen about four times now. The only constant is that around 3 hours prior to this happening, I have ate shredded cheese.

I have joint pain ONLY in my knees and elbows. It lasts only 10 seconds or so and goes away. It's barly noticable. Also, I have pressure on the right and left side of my upper abdomain. It's not pain at all. It usually migrates from the right side to the left and goes away in about 1 minute. I get diarrhea once in a while too. I am tired too, but who isnt? NOTE: All these happen spuratically, not consistantly.

I am pretty sure I am not vaccinated. (Born prior to 1982)

I have NO PAIL STOOLES, NO YELLOW SKIN, NO ODD COLORED URINE, NO LOSS OF APPETITE, NO YELLOW SKIN OR EYES and NO VOMITING.

Except for the one freak hive, I have had all the other symptoms all my life. I only started noticing them when I read up on HEP-B after I heard I was exposed.

If this girl had sex for 8 months with someone with HEP-B and then tested negative could she still have passed it to me somehow?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1467863 tn?1287471834
hi.. i hav a problem too bout hepa b.. am planing to go abroad but during my first medical the doctor said i need to come back after 1 week, maybe they cant figure out whats really the status of my liver problem.. i went medical agen after 4 days and they found out that i am a hepa b reactive.. what does it mean? is there any chance that it will turn into negative?? or maybe it just come out reactive because i come back after 4 days only and with the different doctor?.. pls advice, i was so stressed about it.. tnx.
Helpful - 0
I have not had any sexual contact with anyone else and my roommate knows I may have it. I didn't know I could get a test for nothing. I will have to look into that...

I can only pray that my light symptoms are stress from thinking about HEP-B and not the real thing. I am extremely scared because the chest pressure is exactly at the points where my liver is. I don't know what I would do if I had it. And since it's been more than 6 months, that would mean I have it chronically and didn't get over it initially. I couldn't afford drugs if I had it. I am scared to death and don't know how to handle this...
Helpful - 0
Check with your local health department, they should be able to do the blood test for nothing.  Just get tested and try not to worry about it until you know you have something to worry about.  If you read some of these medical websites, they can scare you to death.  DON'T GO THERE!  You may be allergic to cheese/dairy and have gas pains!
Helpful - 0
No you posted in the right place, no matter what hepatitis forum you choose it will bring you here. Today their should me more online that can help you. as for no insurance is their a health clinic you can go to to have the blood test. Keep checking in here and i'm sure you will get some responses. Wish i could be of more help.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the comment. Wasn't looking for a Doc, just someone else's first hand knowledge to compare notes to. All websites say symptoms of HEP-B can be almost unnoticable, plus the more common symptoms are "every-day" things like abdominal pain and fatigue. I've had that almost every day of my adult life! It can make a person really be paranoid about every little ache and pain. Not to mention aggrivating since I have no medical insurance and don't know were to turn to. To clarify my post, anyone with HEP-B remember their light symptoms? How prounonced were they?

I really appologize if I have posted in the wrong place, I just don't know what I can do for my self.
Helpful - 0
Sorry no doctors here, most all have hep-c, A simple blood test will tell you if you have hep-b and have him check for hep-c since hes checking anyway. Best to you and i wouldn't stress it to much. But would rule it out. Would also tell him about the pain in your abdomain that  usually migrates from the right side to the left and goes away in about 1 minute. A simple mri or ultrasound or ctscan only takes a few minutes and very easy test. Again good luck but go to your Doc.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.