Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Am I infectious if I'm immuned from Hepatitis B from natural infection?

part 1)
I'm HBs Ag negative and HBs Ab positive for several years now. The doctor said I'm immuned from natural infection. Does this mean my body has cleared off the virus and that I'm not infected with the virus anymore? A nurse told me that even If I'm immuned to the disease, I am still infectious to others. Is that true?

part 2)
My brother is chronically infected with a mutated HBV (precore mutation I think). Am I immuned from this mutated HBV too or there is a chance I might catch the disease since it's a different form of HBV?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'll mess around with it and try to fix it first cause I am CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP like a bird - maybe just MAYBE it's got a bad wire or something.  But considering it turned itself off I'd say it's something power driven I hope.

I can't STAND not having it - I'll go nuts.  I'll get it fixed one way or the other. It's probably so packed with dust it just couldn't move anymore to tell you the truth...even open one of them up dang!

Helpful - 0
My home computer went kaput - it turned off and well isn't turning back on.  Since it cost me $2500 only two or three years ago (it's macked out with DVD stuff for editing film) I have to get it fixed and can't junk it.

Going to try and see if I can check my mail via webmail but don't want you all to think I'm avoiding you. I tried to get online last night and was so upset I can't tell you.

I'll get it going one way or the other!

Don't want you to think I'm being a snob!
Helpful - 0
I had one do that, brand new too.  Right when my sister was dieing and I just coulnd't take the time myself to check it out.  Ended up being the hard drive.  How many drives do you have in there?

Course, it could be a lot of other things too.  Just love those puters!

miss
Helpful - 0
Maybe it caught the hep virus ;)  

Try the geek squad, heard their good and come right to the house.

BEAGLE
Helpful - 0
You either had the virus and cleared it or were vaccinated for it.  If that is the case, you are immune and you cannot infect other poeple.  

Check this chart out and compare your situation:
http://www.hepsera.com/symptoms.aspx
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.