Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HBsAg non reactive non infection

My husband(31 yrs.old) got this result in his blood test: HBsAg non reactive non infection. As his wife, I want to help him to have a negative results. Im searching for the best treatment and advices because we want him to be totally healed (no virus in his body. I got an answered from the doctor in the other forum that if his at risk, he get vaccinated. My husband is in good conditon, we did not observed any symptoms in his body.

My questions are: What vaccine is it? and after he got vaccinated, Is there an assurance for him to have a negative results in his blood test? What should we do? Please help us.

Thank you so much.

12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Reactive po ako sa hbsag pero nung nagpatest yung asawa ko non reactive po siya. Bakit po kaya?
Helpful - 0
Hi please help me to know what is the meaning of my test result just got yesterday.

Anti hbe >4.500 cut off  0.80  twice done
Hbe Ag <0.01 cut off 0.80
Reactive
Non reactive

SGPT (ALT).  19.47. Unit U/L.  Normal range. 12.00-78.00
Helpful - 0
David, great list of questions, can't think what to add! unless is the damage of extrahepatic conditions irreversible? I hope this researcher takes the time to answer  and shows interest in post tx folks concerns.  My rheumy did a bunch of blood work, found nothing significant except a slightly  elevated RH factor (same as pre tx), and pretty much sent me on my "merry' way, with a dx of degenerative arthritis, and some myofascial triggers of unknown etiology. Oh, well! She would not even order a PCR, I seem to be a closed case as far as she is concerned. No answers as to why the inflammation process continues, in the absence of positive blood work for anything from cryo to hla-b27.
Helpful - 0
I know that malar rash as well!  I now get it regularly, almost three years post-tx, and I am SVR.  I still have positive ANA's, and my Rheumatologist claims that my labs are typical of many patients that he has seen after completing interferon therapy.  He described it as an 'autoimmune-type' disturbance which has some aspects of Lupus, and possibly some aspects of other autoimmune diseases, but does not test exactly like any one of them.  He made it also sound like the problem was less pronounced, and hence less dangerous than standard autoimmune diseases.  My malar rash comes out after extreme stress, too much sunlight, lack of sleep coupled with anxiety, etc.  
I think it feels and acts just like a mild case of Lupus, and my internal symptoms correspond in intensity to the degree of the malar rash.

I just LOVE it when I hear 'experts' from the HCV medical community saying that interferon has no long term after-effects, and that any negative effects are gone in a few months.  Have THEY even read the labels on the interferon packages????
Really makes you wonder!

DoubleDose
Helpful - 0
jonel: here are two sites that might help interpret your results <a href="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/b/Bserology.htm">CDC HBV serology</a> and <a href="http://liver.stanford.edu/Edu/Edu_blood.php">Stanford liver center</a>. To my read, your profile matches that of chronic, low level HBV infection : surface antigen but no antibody and no detectable HBe antigen. The IgM and IgG are different classes of antibododies to the core antigen. I believe M is made first and being positive for it would indicate acute (early ) infection, whereas yours was negative and the class of antibody made later (IgG) is positive. The positive HAV antibodies would indicate you got rid of that guy. Including an HBV DNA test would confirm its presence. All the best.

revenire: in the closed thread below I was wondering if you would care to share whatever explanation your Dr. gave you regarding the triggering and persistence of aih bu the ifn. Since yours seem one of the most  explicit autoimmune complications it would be interesting to know how much about it is understood.

all: yeah, agree this sounds like a good idea, but we'll see. My experience so far in pursuing information from researchers (trying to get access to tx data from Roche and info about the rbv chromatography tests) went nowhere.
Helpful - 0
Hello everyone. browsing this fourm to get some helpful info on Hepa B. Just have my profile the other day and this is the result:
HBsAg - 101.31 REACTIVE
Anti HBs - 0.0 non REACTIVE
HAV Igm - 0.17 REACTIVE
HAV IgG - 0.085 REACTIVE
HBc IgM - 0.07 NON REACTIVE
HBc IGg - 0.075 REACTIVE
HBe AG - 0.33 NON REACTIVE
Anti-Hbe 0.037 REACTIVE

Need to have an idea before I present this to the doctor. thanks ALL
Helpful - 0
Sounds like a great plan.  I can think of nothing better that to initiate a dialogue with some of the top HCV researchers and practitioners.  They really need to hear our concerns and our observations, and we need to hear and see their explanations and support for some of the controversial issues that are preoccupying many of us:  Changes after interferon tx...both good and bad,...  lingering sides after tx....how long, what types, what to do.........persistent HCV RNA after tx...where is it found...how sure are they that it is replicating...what impact on us long term....what do they say to the skeptics and doubters in the traditional HCV medical community....Is HCV infecting our connective tissue, brains, CNS, lymphatic and salivary systems, bones, etc before tx.......if so, what happens after tx......is HCV really just a blood/liver virus.....etc...etc

These and many more questions will be on our radar screens, and would deserve replies from researchers active in leading-edge HCV issues.  I would love to engage the more traditional 'practitioner' group as well, to understand what their stance consists of, and what sort of evidence they bring to support their views.

Much kudos to you guys for taking the ball and running with it.  The forum is enriched by your contributions.  

DoubleDose
Helpful - 0
good list. If anyone else has anything to add please say. I'll write and post any reply.
Helpful - 0
Sounds like a plan. What questions do you have in mind to pepper him with? I'm thinking things such as:

- differences their method(s) of testing vs. "standard".
- is PBMC testing reasonable/possible/available for post-SVR's looking for possible occult?
- what does he think the practical implications are for patients?
- how much of this type research is taking place now? in the near future?
- what type of funding is it receiving?
- have the pharmaceuticals shown any interest?
- what's his take on Pham's & Castillo's work?
- are there differences between "occult" patients and "post-SVR persistent" patients?
- does he have a theory on how occult remains in check?
- exactly what type/form of infection does he believe it to be?
- what's the immune system's role?

Also, I wonder if you may want to phrase the note so as to give Radkowski the option of addressing you personally, in case he has no desire to post in a Hep C patient forum situation. In this way, he could write or e-mail you back and then you could post his answers on here.

TnHepGuy
Helpful - 0
dd: just had to laugh on that, I've never seen you get  po'd before...

tn : OK, I'll write a snail-mail to Radkowski and invite him to post any thoughts he has. In my experience, snail-mail may be more likely to work than phone/e-mail. I'm picking him because (a) I think it's very unlikely anyone at Mayo would be publishing "crock" data (b) the guy has single-handledly rained more bad news onto HCV patients than any other researcher. Cutting off his NIH grants before he digs up more scary results should be a priority...
Helpful - 0
Good advice, seems you always steer people in the right direction. I'd like to add one more thing: If/when your husband ( and you) get the HEP B shot...make sure to get the HEP A as well.
Helpful - 0
your husband is already non-reactive for HBsAG which is the primary test to see if he has Hep B.  Non-reactive means not positive.

If he is at risk for Hep B, ig is recommended that he get vaccinated if he has a household or intimate contacts with persons with Hep B.

Vaccinations generally are a round of 3 vaccinations starting from month 0, month 1, and then again on month 6.  Most people develop antibodies after month 0,  and the month 1 and 6 are to facilitate proper antibody development.  Some people do not develop antibodies after 6 months, and require additional booster shots.  He should be tested after his final shot to verify immunity.

HOpe this helps,
leeac
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.