Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Diagnosed with Hepetitis B Infection

Few days ago I went to doctors office with stomach problems and after getting some blood test done for Hepetitis A,B,C, I tested positive for Hepetitis B. I dont know when I got the infection or where. I consider myself pretty healthy 28 year old male I had 3 sexual partners which both I used protecion with. I have recived oral sex without condom (Blow J*bs). I have been with the same partner now for 3 years and she was vaccinated for hepetitis B. I consider myself pretty carefull I folled around with some girls in the past but I never had sex and the times I did I was sure to use protection. Since I tested positive for Hepetitis B infection does that mean I have a chronic or acute infection or is the test showing that I had it in the past. Based upon my information do you think it is a bad case like Chronic or etc. I am extremly scared because I have never experienced anything like this before. Do I really need to worry about this alot. I take care of my self pretty well.

Another question is they tested me for HIV. Based on my information what is the risk that I have HIV virus in my body. Is this test a routine test since both diseases travell the same way. Do I need to worry about this test.

Thank you and god bless,

Worried Person
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my husband was diagnois with prostate cancer on May 31, 2006 and after haviing to go and have blood drawn for the surgery to have on hand in case he needed a blood transfusion, thank God he did not need one but, they found out that he has hepatatis b core virus ans it hit me hard and not knowing where he could have gotten it from. Out of 21 years of marriage and being faithful to only him, I do not know what to think but I need to make an appointment to get checked.

angelbaba
Helpful - 0
91778 tn?1252555170
Hi, I know how scary it can be when you have a shock like that. But chances are you cleared the virus on your own and are immune now. There are a lot of ways to catch hep b, Not just sex. I would make an appointment to have a follow up test done to see if you have cleared the virus yet. Chances are there is nothing to worry about. Take care... Debi
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.