Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

long term affects of hepatitis b

i was just diagnosed with hep. b im only 18 what are some of the long term effects of hep.b. also what is the percentage that i contracted this sexually?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I realize things are rough for you, I am so sorry. You have GOT to get some medical help somehow right away. Something is definately going on in your liver. Have you been tested for Hep C? Pleae get to a doctor, there are many liver conditions you could be suffering with and you need a doctor to help you find out what is going on. Best of luck. Your symptoms all sound like they are liver related.
Helpful - 0
thank you. i have been doing research ever sence they told me i could have hbv. i went to the doctor today and they told me that i do in fact have it. i have been having problems with my liver and when i went to the emergency room they told me my enzymes were very high. i had been feeling sick and went to the ER. so they did their tests and all that lovely stuff. and i had a follow up appointment today. my doc told me i have had hbv at one time in my life but thats not what is effecting my liver. so now i have to have an ultrasound and a biopsy. all of which i cannot pay for and all of which mean that there is something else wrong with me other than hbv. i am very scared and very nervous about the next few weeks. Another thing is.. i am itchy. i cannot stop scratching.. all over. especially my feet which are normally very sensitive. i have damn near scratched them raw. i suppose i am just sick of being sick. and the whole adulthood thing isnt all its cracked up to be. i just got out on my own. no insurance, no parents to take care of me. this sucks
Helpful - 0
Here is a link to the CDC site regarding Hep B
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/b/index.htm
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.