Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anyone able find out test results of HepaVaxx B?

Hi, as the title said, has anyone able to find out the result of HepaVaxx B's Phase 1 clinical trial? From read details on the company that developed HepaVaxx B, it sounds pretty promising...

I looked around the the Internet, they only mentioned that the phase 1 clinical trail has completed, but I'm unable to find the results regarding the phase 1 trail.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry I've not heard of this one yet.  There are a lot of promising looking drugs in the pipeline and let's hope ONE of them FINALLY pays off someday soon!

I'm sure if it exists somebody here will have some info on it.  :)
Helpful - 0
Sorry but couldn't find that drug any where on the net.  Maybe someone else about it.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
You could try the Geek Squard, they do wonders.  My daughter had a problem and tried for week to it fix, finally she called the geeks and in 6 minutes they had it fixed. LOL

I'm now waiting to here from the main people that runs the trail.  If I don't hear by today, I'll call them tomorrow.  I've been doing everything by e-mail so far.  

Bob
Helpful - 0
91778 tn?1252555170
I am so glad you found something to keep focused on. That sounds like something right up your ally. You know I think your right, not enough known about your condition and treatment. That might have been the reason for relapse. Just like cirrhosis was the reason for mine. Hope you in better spirits, I know it takes awhile to for the shock to wear off. I know it did for me. I was just so sure I was cured. I am on week two. Still feeling fine. Take Care, talk to you later, Debi
Helpful - 0
GrandOak, do you have thalasssemia?  This is something your born with.

Child24,  I have heard that Japan is way ahead of us.  My dr said that their waiting for a drug from Japan that's do out soon.  He was rxcited about it.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
No, I do not.  Is it only hereditary?

I was looking at conditions which would explain the results my son's labs were showing to try an gauge what would explain them in preparation to hopefully talk with his doctor in the next day or so and it was one explaination for increased ALP (ALK) with ALT and AST being normal.

Probably also looking to have him tested for HCV since he was at greater risk to exposure to my blood prior to my diagnosis because of fishing and home projects where he helped.
Helpful - 0
Missed having you around.  Guess you didn't fix you home PC, LOL  I found a drug that replaces riba a doesn't cause anemia.  I put my name in for phase 3 and got a response in a few hours yesterday.  The name of the drug is Viramidine and the co is Valeant.  It's not as stronge as riba but it would allow me to stay on tx longer.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the prayers, I'm doing a lot of research and wondering if my thalassemia had anything to do with me relapseing.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
It may have, I'm sure there has been no studies on thalassemia just like there's not many studies on 2's and 3's.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
Believe it or not I WASNT lazy this time. I went through every single disk in the house - NO backup "mom's stuff" disk ANYWHERE.  It HAS to be tucked away somewhere "safe".

I just can't wipe that computer out without it.  ALL Of my precious stuff is on that disk or in that computer (pictures I've taken of my kids, band pictures I took since the 80s, photography and digi-vid I've edited and done over the years etc)

Until I absolutely am sure I can't find any of it I just won't wipe it. I'd rather pay someone to get the data off maybe I don't know.

But I DID look!

I think this is the perfect trial for you too. ANYTHING that you can stay on and keep hammering the virus but NOT having the go*dam*  anemia with sounds PERFECT.  Did they tell you how long until you find out?  How long would you be on it and stuff do you know any of that yet?

You nkow it's sad but in a way you are the guinea pig for all of the riba-problematic people.  I bet you in a few years you will be positively FAMOUS and people will say matter of factly "when Mr. Beagle Bailey first set out on the course of this treatment little did we realize how....."

You will become synonymous with not only the "dread geno2" (as I think of it now...so much for the "lucky" geno, Dr. J was right) BUT for the COURSE OF TREATMENT THAT KICKS IT IN THE BUTT FOR THALS everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)
Helpful - 0
I may want to discuss your thalassemia issue with you further.  I haven't had a chance to talk with the doc yet, but from research I've been doing over the weekend, it seems like my oldest son may be demonstrating symptoms of this in his CBC's and LFT's.

Brief voicemail I received late Friday indicate a desire to do ultrasound and "other" tests.  I had made a request earlier with his nurse on HCV test since he would have been at greatest risk to exposure to my blood because he spent most time closer to me during fishing and other chores prior to me being diagnosed where I may have bled.

If I do need more of a patients perspective on thalassemia, perhaps we might arrange to talk it off-line.
Helpful - 0
You may want to try a selective backup program which would allow you to capture and say your precious data.  One I use is called True Image from Acronis.  It provides a bootable CD which allows you to grab folders and files from your disk and back them up to another location from which you can later restore them once you've restored your system.  It works on both Windows and Linux formatted disks.

It gets much more complicated with programs though, particularily for Windows, because of registry and other such places in the OS where critical information for them is stored.

The primary function of these programs are to make occasional backups to restore the entire disk when a crash occurs.  But I have found them useful to capture sensitive data, such as what you indicated, when I hade to re-install the OS from scratch and then recover the data and programs.

Hope this might help you. If you would like more info simply ask.
Helpful - 0
I would think your son is fine.  I am married 39 years and my wife never got it, so try not to worry.  But do ask the Dr, it can't hurt.  Let me kniw what you find out.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.