Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hepatitis and blood testing

I recently had some female problems.  My period had been irregular.  I went to the doctor and had a papsmear, bloodwork, and urine sample.  I noticed that irregular periods can also be caused by some STD's.  Would she have tested me for STD's when checking bloodwork.  Do they check for all the STDs with a regualr pap and bloodwork?  She said my hormone levels and pap were normal so should I still be worried?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
PS Hepatitis C is not an STD...Just in case that is what you were thinking here.

It's a bloodborne viral disease that while you could get it sexually ----- it is a disease of the LIVER.
Helpful - 0
Sorry no idea.  AS Mr. B said and the question topic implies...this is a hep site.

Sounds like you should be asking your doctor questions like this and if you are really concerned...just have a quick test done.

Sometimes having peace of mind like that - knowing you are ok...is like magic.

I think everyone should have periodic testing if they are sexually active with more than one partner anyway.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Hi, Sorry about your problem but this is a hepatitis site.  Do you have hep C?

Beagle
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.