Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pasoperson, find a doc down there yet? (open thread too)

Paso...been soo worried about you, been looking for ya at the Tired place. Have you got a lead on one yet (doc)? How are you holding up (mental/spiritual etc.)? What prayers are needed specifically? Please let me know if you are alright. This stupid disease. I get so angry and frusturated sometimes. Remember, please eat up all the support the Angels offer. They are all around ya.

To the rest of ya, please forgive this "person" thread, but this IS a support forum. If you don't like it skip it...or use it as an open thread so it doesn't go to waste and just sit there taking up space if she doesn't answer back today.
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
90502 tn?1196364005
Oh Susannah - Yes, let us know about your next appointment.  I'm dying to meet up and eat ... want to see if THREE riba rage women can eat in the same restaurant, at the same time, and not scream at  the waitress or the poor folks @ the next table, lol.  Looking forward to meeting you for breakfast real soon now.  

sjl - It won't be long before we meet up too.  I know we can all get together @ Dr. J's.

One, or both of you - Please give me Dr. J's phone number again.  Put here or email me please.  

- Carolyn
pasoperson @ aol . com
Helpful - 0
When I get done with my appt. w/Dr. J, I'll try to remember to let you know what he said about when he wants to see me again.  My memory is fried, if yours is any better, maybe you can remind me.  But, since I guess, I'm the one who is scheduled the next time, I'll let you know what he says about follow-up.

Susan
Helpful - 0
90502 tn?1196364005
Rev___ - Riba rage, thankfully, doesn't last long w/me anymore.  I flew off the handle, insulted I guess and had to blame someone.  I was over it pretty quickly.  We're all in this durned boat together; I must remember that and be more tactful myself.  I apologize to you for taking offense.  No grudge in me, hope you feel the same.  

sjl - Maybe our next appointments can be together.  Ones already made shouldn't have to be changed.  We will meet soon enough.  In fact, Susan400 is coming through Ocala in a few weeks and we get to do a face-to-face.

I was supposed to write to someone and get Dr. Johnson's info ... maybe y'all could just email it to me ... pasoperson AT aol DOT com will find me just fine.

BY THE WAY - AOL now has a Hep C Awareness ribbon as one of its buddy icons.  If you have AOL, you can use it (raises awareness when folks say "what does THAT ribbon represent?")
Helpful - 0
SJL
Susan, I too go to Dr. Johnson. He is phenominal! I have been seeing him for 2+ yrs. I was just there yesterday. I now go once a month, unless I need to see him prior. Maybe we could make our appts., so we could meet each other? I, too, live approx., 2 hrs. away in New Smyrna Beach. I would drive all day just to see him!! My next appt. is 11/6/06 at 12:30. If you are interested please let me know and I am sure that Sue would change my appt., if needed.
PASO- I am so glad that you are seeing Dr. Johnson. You won't be sorry!
Sandy
Helpful - 0
Sandy,

My next appt. is on Oct. 18th, a Wen. @11 am.  

It will be 3 mon. since I've seen him, so I don't really want to change it.  I do want to meet sometime though.  

Susan
Helpful - 0
Carolyn,

Dr. Johnson in Lakeland is my doctor.  He's great!!  He listens.  He takes time with you.  The people in his office are VERY sweet.  I drive 2 hrs for my visits with him and it's worth it to me.  He's working with me now to help me in trying to go to Mayo's.  The office there got the records up to Mayo's promptly, like 2 days after I requested.  I like that.  I have to go and get the slides from the biopsies, the films from the last CAT scan and things like that to bring with me, but those were done here in Brevard County, before I started going to Dr. J.  

Susan
Helpful - 0
90502 tn?1196364005
Thanks for the question ... I'm a Grade 5/6, modified HAI (Knodell) scale, or something like that.  Partially cirrhotic is what they refer to my liver as.

Everyone - Sorry, but I didn't read MH until this a.m.  Sundays are always busy and Saturday was my "poopy" day.  All better now.  

I'm going to check out Dr. Johnson in Lakeland and also try to get in with Dr. Schiff (or is it Schiffman?) in Miami.

Thank you very much for all your good advice.  I just think it stinks when a teaching hospital rejects a person like that.  

Later guys - God bless,
Carolyn
Helpful - 0
OH...not to mention, a CHAT room..ahem? (for some reason we never use that??!!)
Helpful - 0
great minds think a like....;)
Helpful - 0
Hey girl, TiredofMH is a site where some of us go to chat, off topic or on topic, because so many complained here about what should be allowed, or shouldn't be allowed...and yes, poop threads are definitely allowed there...anyone that is interested can email me at tiredofmh at yahoo.com, and remind me who you are (some might get in the junk mail!!), and I will send you the invite and directions...or at least I'll try.  Its pretty new, and is definitely not instead of, but in addition to, this and other sites...
Helpful - 0
131817 tn?1209529311
Thanks you guys, I definately get tired of some of the rude stuff that goes on. Removing poop threads is one of them! I still don't get that one. If I were to complain, I would complain to the person and not to MH. Thanks for the info!
Helpful - 0
sorry about that, I think thats what she said...she is either at or almost cirrhotic.I know that she said that for sure.

SFBAYGIRL...it's a small WONDERFUL support forum... e-mail me at this temporary addy, blessed_mequila at yahoodotcom and I'll send you an invite if you'd like to visit, we'd love to have ya from what I can see. :)
Helpful - 0
She's past a 4.
Helpful - 0
131817 tn?1209529311
How are you doing? I know what you mean about getting a bit onry. I get the same way. LOL

What is the Tired place anyway?
Helpful - 0
Goin back this week to work!!

Fish, that is beyond stud muffin and It sure feels good!!!!

I seen yur post below, the ambien , I haven't takin it for a couple days!! Leaves the sh!tt!st taste in my mouth. I only stay a sleep a couple hours on it anyway, I'm just too wired like you fishy!

My prob. with ambiem is it isn't strong enuff to over power the riba insomnia. So heck , I'll watch all nite westerns til I get done.

Paxil 20 mg has helped the dyce but I'm stilled wired tighter than a banjo string , just took the edge off enuff to keep me from goin riba crazy.

I'm just tryin to stay on low a doses of thease 2 drugs as possible!! They do help!!
Helpful - 0
your ears must of been burning!!  I was just wondering if you had headed back to work yet......man, your a 12, thats beyond stud muffin, right!!!
Helpful - 0
YOU HAVE STILL GOTTA TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!! I just got done tellin fishdoc on Tired that I hope she hurries up and gets that procrit so she can get up and runnin like you, but geee whiz...I didn't mean up and RUNNIN literally. You just go go go dyce. Remember the logic here, your tryin to save yurself, not kill yurself...LOL. She was a askin for ya a little while ago..WHERE YA AT???? lol. Good luck with that furnace tho, just pace yurself k????
I finally feel a little betta emotionally. I actually feel a little onry to be honest, and thats not like me...lol. Well, Im postin aren't I??? I was just so "ho hum" the last few weeks, I could't hardly get on the net like normal...which was EVERYDAY ALL DAY...hee hee. Hopefully this "burst" of mind energy stays for awhile...but not long enough to get me in trouble with "cornflake songs"...hahaha.
Helpful - 0
Ha mekeela, How's tx this week?? Haven't been on line for a couple days.

Hmg. is 12.3 and I've been busy rd. here gettin things sq. away.

I actually feel alive now, the sx's are still there but if ya can breath it's alot easier!

Gettin the furnace up and runnin, gotta change the fuel tank . It'll be a sinch now the dyce can breath and I'm gettin my callou'es back.

Feels dern good bein able to do stuff again!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.