Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Undetectable DNA?

Hi

My DNa was in the low 800's in May and now that I checked it is undetectable but I am not taking any medicine for it.  I am also e antigen negative and e antibody positive.  My alt was a little high in the 60's range a few weeks ago and now it is 40.  Could it be that my body is fighting the disease and has won over the antigens?  Could I have seroconverted?  i don"t know bc i didn"t check to see if i have the surface antigen or not>

thanks
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
well, I just found out about the he p, so i guess i need to keep checking until i make sure the virus stays undetectable. no i have not convert to surface antegin. that would be my dream.
Helpful - 0
So what did your Doc tell you Jim?  So you have always been undetectable or did your DNA rise sometimes?  Have you checked to see if you lost the antigen and what is your e antigen status?  If you have a rise in ALT it could be the your body seroconverted...I would check and do another blood test.

The list serve is:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/9350/hblist.html

Go on there and subscribe...it's probably the best list of HEp B with real patient experts.!!
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I don't remember how I felt if I did seroconvert.  I was born overseas and probably got this from birth.  I am 30 years of age and I thought i had a pre-core mutant since I am e antigen negative but I could be wrong since my dna is now undetected (iu/ml).  I think the rise in ALT was a response to my body fighting the antigens.  I am hoping to get a surface antigen test soon to see if I have cleared this from my body.  Now remember I have not been on any form of treatment since I am inactive. I wanted to know what does the dna mean in terms of it being undetected?  Is that a sign of seroconversion?  Can't it reactivate though?

You guys should join the hep b list...there are many patient experts on there as well as a doc who can help.

Thanks
Helpful - 0
Hi,
I am in the same state as you-inactive with undetected DNA. i have not been on treatment at all. me too i am hoping to get a surface antigen but it is very rare. it might take years. has hep b been affecting your life style in any way?

where is the hep b list you mentioned. what is the address? thanks Cally, Jim

Helpful - 0
Don't you live in Asia? The chances are you got it at birth or early in life.

I probably got it early in life and I felt like absolute **** when I was 20. Looking back, I felt that way since I was seroconverting to E antigen Negative.

That is probably what you felt. Those who have hep B as a child and don't clear it usually seroconvert to E antigen negative between ages 20-30. Where you in that age group when you felt bad?
Helpful - 0
i forgot to tell you that the symptoms i just mentioned above are still with me. They have been with me for about 5 years. so when are they gonna go away. I am sick of them. how did you feel when you serconvert? how long did the symptoms last for. thanks, Jim
Helpful - 0
when i truned 30 i started to feel tired all time and lots of fatigue and sleep disturbance. that started to happen in 2001. but my doctor think that was just psychological thing (I do not agree with him). I know my body well. I am from the middel east studying in Australia. but the thing is that all my family back home are well and healthy why just me.

Thanks jboyhk for your support and sharing. Jim
Helpful - 0
Hey Cally44, when did you acquire hep b? Was it recently??
As for myself, sometimes i feel i got it last year in May. I am inactive and my HBV DNA is undetected. Is it possible to reach this state just within one year of possible exposure? If that is true, do you think there is a good chance of clearing the whole virus from the body?
Helpful - 0
congrats, this is perhaps a good sign. Who knows you might get rid the whole virus.

did you feel that you were serconversion?. I mean did you feel fatigued?

Helpful - 0
congrats, this is perhaps a good sign. Who knows you might get rid the whole virus.  

Helpful - 0
What is the unit of measurement of the DNA since there are many standards.

Is it

IU/ml or copies or Pgs?

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.