A
A
A
Close

Wisdom

To All You 'OWLS'...
(Older Wiser Laughing Souls)

Wisdom from Grandpa ..

Whether a man winds up with a nest egg, or a goose egg, depends a lot on the kind of chick he marries.

Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin' his salt that he forgets his sugar.

Too many couples marry for better, or for worse, but not for good.

When a man marries a woman, they become one; but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

If a man has enough horse sense to treat his wife like a thoroughbred, she will never turn into an old nag.

On anniversaries, the wise husband always forgets the past - but never the present.

A foolish husband says to his wife, "Honey, you stick to the washin', ironin', cookin' and scrubbin'. No wife of mine is gonna "work"."

Many girls like to marry a military man - he can cook, sew, and make beds and is in good health, and he's already used to taking orders.

Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

You know you are getting old, when everything either dries up or leaks.

Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald, they don't recognize you.

Have a GREAT day...and keep Laughing!

It's good for the soul.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
154927 tn?1205242851
Thanks for sharing that! I really enjoyed it!
Hope you're feeling well today.
Got *now yet? (Hate to say the "S" word)
:)
E
Helpful - 0
Thanks, still battling the fatique but feeling a bit better today.  Probably because I had a Procrit injection last night.  I'm afraid that Hgb is probably dropping below 9 now since they did not increase Procrit 2 wks ago when it was at 9.2.  Funny how even after getting used to low Hgb one can detect it waxing and wanning after a well.  Good thing is that perhaps I'm getting more in tune with my body and better able to detect when something is not right.

As for that four letter word, we already had a bit of it last week, a dusting of it even hanging around on the ground for a day or so.  Looks like we may be in for another dusting here over the next few days.  But it is near Halloween, so occassionaly dustings are expected.  Snow I can handle, it's the thought of the sub-zero temperatures not far off which is not exciting.  But hey, how else would we be able to drive on the lakes?
Helpful - 0
154927 tn?1205242851
Oh yeah..the lake thing. Well, I've resigned myself to doing no snowmobiling this winter. I just don't think I can deal with the cold. *shivering just thinking about it* I don't think I can endure Keith's 10-12 hour long days out in the cold either.(I think the REAL long days are a "guy-thing") I told him I just can't do it this winter. It makes me sad because we usually do this all winter..together. Oh well, Sometimes we have to make sacrifices..but of course I won't stop him from riding with the guys.
We've had the frost on the pumpkins every night this week. None of the white stuff yet tho. I'll be looking forward to photographing the snow this year (from my nice warm den window)
;)
BTW, it's supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorrow...gotta love New England!
Peace
E
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear your feeling better.  That's what happened to me while on tx, they didn't up the procrit till my HGB was at 8.0.  Then I started yelling and they started to give it every 5 days at 60,000 units.  One thing I learned from all this is we all have to open our mouths to get the treatment we need.  Because my hemo dr was so lacks, I needed 2 transfusion to stay on tx.

If not for this forum I never would have spoken up the way I did.  Thank God for all here.

Beagle
Helpful - 0
It's GORGEOUS out here today. Gotta love NEngland when it's not winter yet ;)
Helpful - 0
Cloudy, cold (mid 40's F), rainy here.  Talking about snow flurries later this afternoon or tonight.  None of it is supposed to stay on the ground, but they said the same thing last week too.

Worse yet, I just seen my first fully loaded Highway SNOWPLOW!!!!!

Sure, I've seen them out driving routes and such the last few weeks, but this was the first one with all the plow blades attached.

It's kind of the opposite of the first robin for us in the great white north, if you know what I mean.
Helpful - 0
To all those out there who are living with Hep C.  My name is Diana and I was diagnosed with Hep C at the age of 15.  Back then it was called Hep nonA-nonB.  I contracted the disease through blood transfusions that I had received at birth.  I am now about to turn 30 in a few weeks and have been reflecting a little on my life.  I was also diagnosed with PCOS when I was 11.  I just recently learned about the metformin treatment and am extremely excited to give it a spin.  I saw my doctor this morning and he had to check my liver panel to make sure that I was ok to try the treatment.  I have been lucky enough to be able to have two children, one recently.  I suffer from many symptoms from both diseases and thought that I was going to have to suffer for many years to come.  The metformin treatment for my PCOS treats so many of those symptons and I am hoping that soon, I will actually know what NORMAL AND HEALTHY feels like.  My Hep C has been chronic since I was diagnosed.  I have Genotype 1A.  The worst one for treatment.  I have been through Chemotheraphy twice now with no change.  I have progressed to Fibrosis Stage III as of three years ago.  Life with Hep C has been tough but when you add the PCOS life can seem unbearable at times.  I work outside of my home full time and work a home based business too.  I have never let my diseases overrun my life although I have had to adjust for them at times.  My family (mom and dad) really do not understand the diseases and my husband is just lost on how to deal with all the sypmtoms.  One day I feel fine and the next I am ready to just bury myself and hide.  The mood swings, the hormone jumps, the fatigue, depression, and other stuff is sometimes really overwelming.  I encourage those that suffer from either Hep C or PCOS or both to find a support group or person.  I have a best friend who is there for me despite my sometimes nasty personality.  She is always understanding and encouraging.  If anyone needs someone to talk to, I would be very happy to help you through whatever you need.  You can reach me at ***@****.  As for my new treatment, I am looking forward to seeing what Metformin can do for me.

Have a Blessed and Happy Day

Diana
Helpful - 0
I had to google PCOS which means Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (for the benefit of others).  I don't know how you manage to handle all of your responsibilities while fighting two chronic medical problems.  I'm sorry you don't feel a bit more supported and understood by your family.

I hope you will soon, or at least, eventually, be the picture of good health and enjoying life to the fullest!

Take care!
Helpful - 0
Recent headlines:

McCartney's lawyers claim ex doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Accused octagenarian rapist acquitted. Evidence doesn't stand up in court.

Helpful - 0
148987 tn?1287805926
" Mills, who has retained the late Princess Diana's expensive divorce lawyer to try and claim the largest chunk possible of the former Beatle's estimated one-billion-pound fortune, claimed the singer was "physically violent" and tried to stab her with a broken wine glass, refused to let her breast-feed their daughter and forced the one-legged anti-landmine campaigner to cancel an operation since it conflicted with his vacation plans. "

" one-legged anti-landmine campaigner "

Yikes !!!
Helpful - 0
welcome to the forum world.  I hope the treatment is what you expect it to be with the best outcome you can have!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.