Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Liver Pain

Good morning Everyone!  Well I have passed 4 weeks now of TX and the SX have lessened except for the fatigue.  I could sleep 20 - 24 hours a day!

This past weekend, following my treatment on Friday, I experienced quite a bit of discomfort from the liver.  This has happenned before following a TX but not to the extent exerienced this week.  Is this typical? Needless to say it has me somewhat concerned and will raise it with the Doctor when I see him later this week.  If anyone has had similar SX I would welcome hearing about it.  I will note that I am taking 100 mg of zoloft and on occasion advil for the SX.

Thanks in advance for any input and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had the upper right quadrant pain, before treatment, during treatment and now 2years post treatment it still continues off and on.
In my case it has nothing to do with treatment.
I have fibrosis 2, possibly the inflammation causing it.

Linda
Helpful - 0
146021 tn?1237204887
I think the pancreas is on the other side. That's where people c/o pain when they have pancreatitis.
Helpful - 0
For the last two years, and on tx since Aug 3, I have had so called "liver pain" although I know it is just due to the swollen capsule and presses on other organs, nerves, RIBS...etc. It is a very uncomfortable feeling. It comes and goes for me and I hate it.
Helpful - 0
liver and spleen swelling can happen with our with out tx .An Enlarged body part in original place some times some light tie chi stretching helps me I whatch the lime channel on cable do not over do it! [they have tie chi and yoga its healthy  also try google liver massage IF it hurts don't over do it
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the input and support. As I read your responses, I realize that what I feel is not pain as much as discomfort like something is being pressed upon!  Now I know why!  Thanks It is most uncomfortable at times esp3ecially at night when I am constantly trying to offset the pressure by stuffing a pillow up against it, etc...

I also continue to suffer occasional anxiety attacks. This was a pre TX issue for me, but the TX have exacerbated the problem and the attacks are more frequent and severe now.  I don't dare leave home without my ativan!

And if that is not enough, I am breaking out with psoriasis on the elbows and have a prickly rash on my chest and legs.  This is all such great fun!  I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

Helpful - 0
144210 tn?1273088782
I am having the same thing. I have mild pain and tenderness from my liver, as well as my other side, which I guess is my spleen. I just started getting this pain at week 15. Anything to be concerned abou?
Helpful - 0
Rev is correct about that one - which is why a biopsy is a pretty painless procedure although nerve wracking.  Your liver doesn't have nerves to have pain ... in the liver itself.  Many people feel upper right quadrant pain in that area but...your liver itself is not causing you to feel pain.

It could be the lining that surrounds your liver - it expands when the liver is inflammed and could be shrinking now that perhaps your inflammation is beginning to go away.

In any case - it's not really a side and you don't need to worry about it. But if it doesn't go away - see a doctor because it could be something unrelated!

We get used to blaming everything on treatment but...most of the time it's just something else. We do get a bit obsessiive!

Best of luck - I know the tired feeling...well.  In fact in the beginning I used to fall asleep at my desk at work LOL!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.