Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

New Med Question.

Anybody here taking a Med called Tyzeka for a HBV?  I visited a doc today and he ordered several blood works to be done but He also prescribed Tyzeka 600mg 1 a day. I was told it is a new med. He asked me to be taking it combo with Adefovir that I'm already on for a month before going for my blood work.
I thought he's going to request for a blood and examine my condition before adding a New med to what I'm already taking but he seems to be doing the opposite. Anyway
I just want to know if someone has experience with Tyzeka. Any complication or side effects?

Thanks In advance.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi All,

I have also noticed little cherry colored spots on my chest...they appear and disappear and I don't know what causes these lesions to happen.  Could it be that my liver is inflammed or something and it is the cause of this all?  

Also, Anthony are you seeing Dr. Schudera in the Fair Oaks region?  He is wonderful...very caring!

Helpful - 0
Thanks HP, I am seeing a skin specilaist next month. I'll see what he would say.
Helpful - 0
I guess you and your doc are doing the right thing. Good luck
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
he wants you on the combo meds for one month to see if this combo could create any strange problems. Thats why he asked for the Aldolase ( muscle enzyme like CPK) etc. And of course the tumor marker. If your HBV genotype will be tested in one month the VL just might be too low for this already. He did not test how much the Adefovir has reduced the VL on its own before adding Tyzeka? If you see him again aks him if he would be willing to switch the Adefovir in the combo to Tenofovir. Much more potent.
Helpful - 0
Hi HR, I am not sure if you still remember me. I asked you earlier on about red blood spots appearing under my skin and changing in my colour skin. The spots are still appearing, some of them so tiny and others just small. I have even noticed red spots in the inner wall of my mouth. It appears to me small injuries occur to the wall of the blood vessels allowing the blood to ooze out. Does this sound scary??!!!

You mentioned before that i might have what is called immune complexes. Well, would this stay with me forever or will subside somehow, sometime in the future.

I have read an article published in 2004. It says
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It is unclear if your skin condition has anything to do with the HBv infection.I understand that your vl is very low or undetectable. The immuncomplexes that I referred to earlier are normally found in cases of high viral activity and are rare to the extent that they cause major problems - but they can. They can cause vasculitis or they can trigger other autoimmune phenomena just like in Hep C. Even if they do there is no easy diagnosis to be made.
You might want to see a dermatologist that will probably take a skin biopsy to further characterize the lesions.
Helpful - 0
You are always negative. I don't know why!! yes i do have symptoms that i have never noticed before. By the way these symptoms led me to find about hep b. If i did not notice the changing in the skin color and the red blood sposts, i would never found about hep b.
Helpful - 0
Ok then tell us (and don't lie) how many dr's have you been to and what did they each say to you about your condition?
Helpful - 0
Who checks the inner linings of their mouth?

Did you check it regularly before you were diagnosed with HBV?

Isn't it possible that you are completely overeacting and are searching for physical proof to placate the stress of knowing you have the virus?

It reminds me of the Discovery Science show of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens since they woke up with scratches they never saw before on their body.

Helpful - 0
Great. I'll have to follow his directions then. I was worried about him not wanting to examin my bloodwork first before the Med. He was higly recomemded so I just schedule and visited him for a second opinion regarding my condition. I guess he might just be relying on the lab results from my previouse doc.
He's actually located in the US. Virginia. I was told to use the Adefovir/Hepsera combo for a month then go for the blood work.
Before I left the office, He said within 3-6 month, I'll be undetectable I loved his confidence.
Among some of the lab work he orderd within a month time are
Aldolase, Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP) Tumor marker
AFP-L3%, ALT, CBC with Automated Diff, Plaatelet Ct, HBV-DNA Quantitative (Frozen specimen) HBV Genotype, HBV A antibody, Total and lot more.
But Like I stated, they wanted me to be on the meds a month before the bloodwork. Any reason why?
Thanks.
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You have a nice doc that tries to really help you. Tyzyka is telbivudine or LdT, much more powerful than lamivudine. brandnew approval for HBV. The combo with Adefovir is untested but has potential. Side effects are minimal, similar to lamivudine. The only thing to watch for is a rise in CPK.....
Where is your doc located - Hongkong or US?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.