Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

need help: missed riba dose

i'm in tx week 34 of 48. taking 1200 mg riba (600 at 9 a.m. and 600 at 9 p.m.). forgot to take last night's dose (brain fog, it was sitting right in front of me). just took it now (8 a.m.). what should i do to make up the missed dose? i was thinking of taking 600 at 4 p.m. and another 600 tonight at midnight. opinions please?  
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
148987 tn?1287805926
I've missed ~8 doses in 32 weeks. That's still 98.5% compliant. They key is not to
misses consecutive doses, but everyone is going to forget to take their meds. Usually for me it's an issue of not being awake when I'm suppose to take my pills.

All I know is I have 16 empty ribaviron bottles sitting on my kitchen table. I keep all my empty med vials and bottles piled up. Every once in a while I go in and rearrange them !! lol

http://www.uploadimages.com/myalbum/6492.21417
Helpful - 0
When I missed a couple of doses, I just added one pill to each dose until I made up the difference.  I don't think it matters that much, but I wanted to make sure I did it all.
frijole
Helpful - 0
Both my Doc's have taken me off at times and said its no biggie.....Your still on Interferon anyhow....I've missed a bunch of riba doses...You'll be ok...I think the most your gonna suffer from is TX Amnesia...LOL
Helpful - 0
thanks for responding guys. sounds like it's not a problem. im in week 34. missed 2 consecutive doses early on due to severe intestinal and stomach cramps, vomiting, etc and the doc was pretty upset about it (i think it was week 3 or 4).  haven't missed any doses since then (except for last night) so i'm above 95% (i think). i usually take ambien on an empty stomach at night (it only works for me on an empty stomach), wait 5-10 minutes, eat, take my riba and go right to sleep. guess between the affects of the ambien and my usual tx brain fog i forgot the riba, which was sitting right in front of me. argghhh!!! maybe it will help if i start taking the riba just before eating from now on. thanks again for responding.    
Helpful - 0
148987 tn?1287805926
Don't sweat missing a dose. Pay attention to the %'s. If you can complete tx within 95% compliance, you're cool.
Helpful - 0
You really already have a good serum level built up in our blood...while it's not great to miss doses you should be just fine.

As long as you don't forget a dose of interferon...just go on with life and make sure not to miss any again.

You do NOT need to "make up" the dose.  Just take the next one like regular and go ... have a GREAT day! :)
Helpful - 0
if you complete 48 weeks you will have taken 2016 pills. taking only 2013 pills will not have a big affect? you think?
Helpful - 0
bobbyullc
4/6/2007
C7  web if you complete 48 weeks you will have taken 2016 pills. taking only 2013 pills will not have a big affect? you think?

Thats hilarious......I never looked at it that way...hahahahaa!
Helpful - 0
87972 tn?1322661239
Hey there;

I
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.