Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How a patient with hepatitis C and no legal status could get treatment or help in USA?

doors closet every where, no ligth at the end of tunnel, there no exist without s.s, number, thanks for yours advisors
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
181549 tn?1277207596
Noticed your post.  I'm unfamiliar with all free help, but I know sheri712 needs this help maybe you could look for her post and help her out if you haven't already.  She's in a bad situation.

Thanx
Missy
Helpful - 0
I think it was a troll. Not so much because of the language, but because he/she posted only once probably trying to "stir things up".

People who struggle with the language usually post often in the same thread trying to clarify their original question. They're usually painfully aware of their linguistic limitations.

By the way, even if you're illegal, you can still join some HCV support group and get some often invaluable advice:
http://www.hepprograms.org/support/states.asp

Also, there are some free clinics that can help you. In my area we have:
http://www.stpetersburgfreeclinic.org

Also, there are non-government groups and centers for supporting uninsured and poor HCV patients. For example, The Chance Center here in Tampa Bay area. It gives these people "a chance to win the battle against this silent killer, regardless of insurance or income".
http://www.hcvadvocate.org/news/newsRev/2005/NewsRev-95.html#15
Helpful - 0
181549 tn?1277207596
Thanks!
I thought for sure I'd ruffle feathers,but it's true.
when i seen a reply, i said oh boy, I'm in trouble.LOL
missy
Helpful - 0
163322 tn?1458676408
Well put!  
Helpful - 0
Sometimes I wonder about posts like this. The title of it is spelled well and there is no "language imperfections" really noticeable....
"How a patient with hepatitis C and no legal status could get treatment or help in USA?"...
Then you read the post and it is like this...
"doors closet every where, no ligth at the end of tunnel, there no exist without s.s, number, thanks for yours advisors"....

I've seen folks come around and ask questions like this before, and it starts up all kinds of things. Makes one wonder if it just isn't someone wanting to "stir things up" LOL.
Helpful - 0
gee...you guys are great. hope they've got a back up plan 'cuz doesn't look like they're gonna get much of a reception..
Helpful - 0
163305 tn?1333668571
I agree this could be a troll. But then again, I've met some people traveling who are fine when  writing or speaking certain phrases and get lost when elaborating.
    I consider myself lucky to be getting as much assistance with tx as I am. I was diagnosed in Bangkok and told interferon alone would cost me about $400./week. That is a lot of money for most Thais. Illegal ag workers there earn $2-3./ day for back breaking work. This is why Thailand is in no hurry to grant refugee status to the thousands  who flee Burma. Sorry about the digression.
   TO the poster: there is no legal way you can get help without proper ID.
Helpful - 0
i agree, not wanting to be insensitive it it is a legitimate post but this one looks suspiciously like that same other person who seems to find his way here to agitate and aggravate the forum members.  if it is legitimate i hope they find their own way through it.  i side with others, if illegal - shouldn't be here anyway
Helpful - 0
181549 tn?1277207596
I'm sorry that you have HCV.  Concidering all the united states gov't does do
for illeagal's and other countries is above and beyond the call of duty.

Not very happy about the war, as again it's not our war to be fighting.  I'm a mother  and I can't stand knowing of all these children in their 20's and younger dying for who?  Another country!

In a lot of situations more than I care to express, illeagals receive more if it's free it's for me.  Isn't that one of the biggest reasons people keep breaking the rules and laws sneaking into the usa.

I don't wish anyone the pain and misery of what us heppers go through, but maybe if you went back to your people they could help.

Please do remember that we have americans born and raised here who don't have medical ins. and have to fight to stay alive and take care of their families.
sorry for your frustration
Missy

Helpful - 0
You could go back to where you have legal status and seek help!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.